Yahoo - where is the classic stattracker? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo - where is the classic stattracker?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby inkognito » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:06 pm

Besides, what is the new stattracker good for if you and your opponent both have OPS over 1? You only see "1..." on both sides, so what does it tell you?

And what sucks even more, the new stattracker is no help when setting up your lineup for the current day. It shows zeros for EVERY player whose team plays on that day, regardless the actual starting lineups. Classic stattracker tells you who is and who is not in the lineup.

Lofunzo: I am sorry, but I consider the new stattracker CRAP. Thesaurus won't help me, it's just CRAP.
inkognito
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:21 pm

inkognito wrote:Lofunzo: I am sorry, but I consider the new stattracker CRAP. Thesaurus won't help me, it's just CRAP.

That's fine. I'm not even disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that, if you want Yahoo to take you seriously in this instance, you might want to choose your words more wisely.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby swyck » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:02 pm

Ender wrote:It still baffles me that anyone would go back to the old piece of junk stattracker instead of the new one. It baffled me last year when they made the change and everyone complained and it still baffles me.

In non-standard leagues it makes a difference. If you have more then the 5x5 cats, or large rosters, its a pain to manage. The columns are goofy sometimes, the window isn't resizable, etc.

I find that Flash programmers are generally clueless as to usability. Its one of the worst things that hit the web. Try to go to a site sometime, and having to wait until the incipid flash intro completes before you can get to where you're going. At least most, but not all sites, have added a "skip intro" link. Compared to many flash apps, StatTracker isn't too bad.

I think its garish and ugly, but has some nice features. I find myself just going to the team page and tracking stats there.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby cristóbal » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:53 pm

guys, stop freaking out... you can STILL access the old stattracker

/loadstattracker?classic=1

paste that behind the url of your teams page and it loads it automatically.

thank you to the dude who found this out!
cristóbal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby inkognito » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:08 pm

cristóbal wrote:guys, stop freaking out... you can STILL access the old stattracker

/loadstattracker?classic=1

paste that behind the url of your teams page and it loads it automatically.

thank you to the dude who found this out!

And you can START reading :-b Try to read the fourth post in this thread.

However, there is no official link to classic stattracker, so there seems to be no guarantee that it will work all year long.
inkognito
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dewey finn » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:06 pm

2 Questions regarding this new Yahoo interface:

1) Where to click to find out how many innings pitched you have so far? (h2h)

2) Where to click to find out how many games played for each position (roto)
dewey finn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby SoxAndTheCity » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:35 pm

Ender wrote:It still baffles me that anyone would go back to the old piece of junk stattracker instead of the new one. It baffled me last year when they made the change and everyone complained and it still baffles me.

If you don't mind having to scroll back and forth and up and down just to see how your whole team is doing in all the stats rather than just being able to expand the size of the window like you can in the classic stattracker then I guess it would work fine for you.

That one flaw is so egregious as to make it totally unacceptable to most people. As a result, it doesn't matter how awesome and slick the rest of it is because most people can't get past that. It'd be like upgrading to a new video card and finding out that it only paints half the screen. Yeah, it might do that half really fast and in 693.4-bit color, but most people will call it trash.

That's what the new stattracker is, a POS.

:-t
SoxAndTheCity
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tgalv » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:53 pm

SoxAndTheCity wrote:

If you don't mind having to scroll back and forth and up and down just to see how your whole team is doing in all the stats rather than just being able to expand the size of the window like you can in the classic stattracker then I guess it would work fine for you.

That one flaw is so egregious as to make it totally unacceptable to most people. As a result, it doesn't matter how awesome and slick the rest of it is because most people can't get past that. It'd be like upgrading to a new video card and finding out that it only paints half the screen. Yeah, it might do that half really fast and in 693.4-bit color, but most people will call it trash.

i completely agree. the only thing most people actually care about, they screw up.
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thehat » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:02 am

giambiformvp wrote:
inkognito wrote:Oh thank god the classic stattracker is available, there is just no link to it!

Just put /loadstattracker?classic=1 behind the URL of your league's main page ;-D

Do you think this will last all year long? Without having to pay for it?

Not a chance.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Pacman » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:22 am

tgalv wrote:If you don't mind having to scroll back and forth and up and down just to see how your whole team is doing in all the stats rather than just being able to expand the size of the window like you can in the classic stattracker then I guess it would work fine for you.

To me the the worst part is that the "New" StatTracker isn't NEW. It was rolled out at the beginning of LAST season. And it was so badly received, that Yahoo added a link to use the "Classic" StatTracker, which everybody basically did.

So what do they do this year? They don't fix a THING on the "New" Tracker, and don't even add the classic link. That is remarkable to me. How could they go all last season and all off-season without addressing the design flaws? Who are these people who work for Yahoo FB?

Thank goodness for you FBC guys, coming up with that link to access the old version. Just another reason this place is one of my favorite places on the entire Net. ;-D
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers