Yahoo - where is the classic stattracker? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo - where is the classic stattracker?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Ender » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:13 am

Every single person in our league likes it, the majority of people like it. Just like with everything else on the internet, you almost never see positive feedback on something, only the negative feedback. If someone is happy wtih something they really have no reason to bother posting about it.

I guess I still fail to see whats wrong with it, its mostly the same as the old one but with more added features and just a slightly different interface. The only response I was able to get last year was it ran slow on some peoples PC's which I guess is valid.
Last edited by Ender on Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:16 am

The new Stattracker was fine for me last year. Don't see why it wouldn't be good again this year, but I haven't opened it yet. :-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Yoda » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:21 am

Because when you make a drastaic change when everything was fine for 5 years, people will complain.

The new one is still crappy. The colors hurt my eyes and it will take some time to get used to. But since they got rid of the classic one, we don't really have much of a choice now.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 4Pack » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:24 am

Ender wrote:Every single person in our league likes it, the majority of people like it. Just like with everything else on the internet, you almost never see positive feedback on something, only the negative feedback. If someone is happy wtih something they really have no reason to bother posting about it.

I guess I still fail to see whats wrong with it, its mostly the same as the old one but with more added features and just a slightly different interface. The only response I was able to get last year was it ran slow on some peoples PC's which I guess is valid.

Different strokes is all. Everyone in our league hated it last season.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby giambiformvp » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:05 am

inkognito wrote:Oh thank god the classic stattracker is available, there is just no link to it!

Just put /loadstattracker?classic=1 behind the URL of your league's main page ;-D

Do you think this will last all year long? Without having to pay for it?
giambiformvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby inkognito » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:19 am

To all who don't know what is wrong with the new stattracker: PLEASE READ MY THIRD POST IN THIS THREAD!

And I forgot to mention that the flash crap uses much more of the CPU and is very often SLOW! Sometimes I need to wait a few seconds after I click on another matchup... It never happens in the good old stattracker - it works fine and quickly!

Besides, the flash crap is unstable.
inkognito
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:32 am

inkognito wrote:To all who don't know what is wrong with the new stattracker: PLEASE READ MY THIRD POST IN THIS THREAD!

And I forgot to mention that the flash crap uses much more of the CPU and is very often SLOW! Sometimes I need to wait a few seconds after I click on another matchup... It never happens in the good old stattracker - it works fine and quickly!

Besides, the flash crap is unstable.

In the future, if you want someone like Yahoo to take you seriously, you might want to consult a thesaurus instead of using words like crap.

Add me to the list of people that prefer the old version to the new.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby tgalv » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:36 am

the new version sucks. not being able to resize the columns and having to scroll totally ruins it.
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WittyC » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:54 am

giambiformvp wrote:
inkognito wrote:Oh thank god the classic stattracker is available, there is just no link to it!

Just put /loadstattracker?classic=1 behind the URL of your league's main page ;-D

Do you think this will last all year long? Without having to pay for it?

Probably just get the first week free... same as with the new ST.

My whole league is in the same boat of hating the new ST. Maybe if I had some crazy dual-core processor with and insane video card my computer could keep up and I'd like the new one better. Until that time, I'll be sticking with the retro ST.

I still had the link from going through this process last year before Yahoo! linked to "Classic StatTracker." I bet they'll do it again this year... the classic is just too hard to get rid of.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby inkognito » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:00 pm

WittyC wrote:Probably just get the first week free... same as with the new ST.

My whole league is in the same boat of hating the new ST. Maybe if I had some crazy dual-core processor with and insane video card my computer could keep up and I'd like the new one better. Until that time, I'll be sticking with the retro ST.

I still had the link from going through this process last year before Yahoo! linked to "Classic StatTracker." I bet they'll do it again this year... the classic is just too hard to get rid of.

Not even a dual-core processor would help you with missing real-time at-bats or with the everlasting need to scroll here, there and everywhere.
inkognito
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers