Yahoo - where is the classic stattracker? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo - where is the classic stattracker?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo - where is the classic stattracker?

Postby inkognito » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:45 am

OMFG, I do not want that flash crap, it's just terrible even though they added H/AB an IP totals. The only good thing there is that it counts the standings.

I want the sweet classic stattracker!

Is anyone going to write to Yahoo in this issue? I'm gonna send them an e-mail today.
inkognito
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby inkognito » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:52 am

BTW I recall, as soon as the AB total in the league gets over 100, it won't be visible anyway, there will only be "33/1.." and you cannot move the columns in flash :,-(
inkognito
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby inkognito » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:14 am

I just wrote to Yahoo. I put together some disadvantages of the flash crap:

1. Classic stattracker is more simple and much much better ordered. You can read data much easier in the classic stattracker than in the flash stattracker. It has a lot to do with the graphics. I do not need any pictures or wonderful fonts in stattracker, I need it to be easily and clearly readable.

2. The user can't make columns wider in flash. Even though they added H/AB week totals to the stattracker, it is good for nothing, because as soon as the AB total gets over 100, it will only show something like "33/1..", so it's completely unuseful. Same happens when someone has e. g. team OPS over 1.000. The total score will show only "1...". Same with the team name - I cannot see full team name of the vast majority of the teams in our league. Please give me my classic stattracker where I can enlarge any column freely.

3. I play a 6x6 head2head league and what is just incredible: I have to scroll to the side to see the column of the sixth category of the batters and of the pitchers! I have to scroll even more to the side in the total score of the week, because there are even two categories "too much on the right"! TERRIBLE! Give me my classic stattracker where I can see everything on one sight even in a 10x10 league!

4. Same thing with the need to scroll the page down! In the classic stattracker, I can see all the batters (or all the pitchers) of both teams on one sight. In flash, I cannot even see batters from one team without needing to scroll down! HORRIBLE!!!

5. The classic stattracker shows the real-time counts in every at-bat for the batters. In flash, there is no such thing!

6. In the classic stattracker, zeros show up only by those players who are known to be in the starting lineup on that particular day after the starting lineups are announced. In this flash crap, zeros show up by every player, so it doesn't help at all!
inkognito
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby inkognito » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:27 am

Oh thank god the classic stattracker is available, there is just no link to it!

Just put /loadstattracker?classic=1 behind the URL of your league's main page ;-D
inkognito
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mrider » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:37 am

Maybe just wishful thinking but maybe because there is no link for it it will count stats the whole year. But the new one is fine anyway I'm not going to go to all the trouble juat because they added a Hits and AB column.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:52 am

mrider wrote:Maybe just wishful thinking but maybe because there is no link for it it will count stats the whole year.

LOL, I thought of the same thing as soon as I read inkognito's post!! :-D

*fingers crossing* ;-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby 4Pack » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:39 am

inkognito wrote:Oh thank god the classic stattracker is available, there is just no link to it!

Just put /loadstattracker?classic=1 behind the URL of your league's main page ;-D

Pretty slick man! Thanks!
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ender » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:46 am

It still baffles me that anyone would go back to the old piece of junk stattracker instead of the new one. It baffled me last year when they made the change and everyone complained and it still baffles me.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Wont display old tracker for me

Postby mobiledawg » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:49 am

I pasted what you said into the back of my league url and the old one wouldnt pop up. I remember having the same problem last year and someone posted the solution. Any idea what it was?
mobiledawg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby 4Pack » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:51 am

Ender wrote:It still baffles me that anyone would go back to the old piece of junk stattracker instead of the new one. It baffled me last year when they made the change and everyone complained and it still baffles me.

LOL...I finally can say that I found someone who likes the new Statracker.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers