AL only help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AL only help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AL only help

Postby AtP » Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:36 pm

I have a pretty solid group of keepers in my AL only league. I finished third last year but was way back from the top two spots. I like my pitching and am planning on definately keeping the following.

Roy Halladay for $15
CC Sabbathia for $3
Joey Mays for $2

I traded away most of my big sticks when I knew I could not win last year for young under priced talent. Who would you keep out of this bunch.

Luis Rivas for $3
Vernon Wells for $17
Carl Crawford for $2
Ben Grieves for $2
Brandon Phillips for $2

This is a ten team 5x5 league..6 keepers max.
My question is..are my pitching keepers a good enough start on a staff...? and which three of those five would you keep. I am leaning towards Crawford for his pure SB ability and Rivas for the same reason. But is that the good thing to do. are any of the others worth more than what I would have to pay for them. ? thanks
AtP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MikeeDee » Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:00 pm

I'd keep four of those 5 hitters (Wells, Rivas, Phillips and Crawford). I'd defenitely not keep Mays. even for two bucks. Call me biased, but he never was a very dominant pitcher and looked awful the entire year last year. Even when he was supposedly healthy.

I hope you have enough money to reel both Contreras and Matsui in come draft day. Good luck!
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby arkman » Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:38 pm

I think that's a pretty good keeper list. And I would definitely keep Mays at that price. Yes, he had a bad year last year, but he still has upside and you aren't going to do much better at that price. That is of course assuming that you don;t have anything else worth keeping. Get another Ace and your starting pitching is looking pretty good.
"Crying! There's no crying in baseball!"
arkman
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby tallmike » Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:55 pm

I really like Vernon Wells and even if that's not much below his value he'd cost more than that in the auction. Rivas is good. Pretty cheap flyer on Crawford too but it may not pay. I'd watch Mays in spring and think about Grieve for $2 if he looks shaky. Grieves may not be great but he's worth more than 2 bucks.
tallmike

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SilentmistYH » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:54 am

dump mays and grieve

mays struggles in spring they have plenty of young pitchers to take his place
SilentmistYH

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers