Freshly drafted Keeper League team! WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Freshly drafted Keeper League team! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Frappy » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:14 am

I think My offense is now set, its just whether I should get a closer to fill in for jones for now or just hold out with him on the dl
Frappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby suppasonic » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:05 am

Infield- Filled with a lot of top talent. Rollins and Figgins should rack up the steals, the Cubs duo will smash some homers (although expect Lee to be a notch lower then last year.) Willingham is interesting. He may not play much catcher this year at all and instead play in the OF. This could increase is value as it would have him playing every day and decrease his chance of injury. Of course you understand he also has some risk being a rookie, but he should be decent. Giambi is a dice roll here, but I feel he's due for another good season.

Outfield- I like it. No real studs, but Crisp, Hunter, an Dye are all undervalued guys who will hit 20 HRs and will steal a few bases.

SP- Above-Average. Willis wont be approaching anything close to 20 wins this year and may get pissed about the torn team around him. Zito could be gone from the A's by the trading deadline if they struggle (although it would put Zito on a contender). Smoltz and Sabathia - What you see is what you get. Plenty of great potential and cheap numbers in Davis and Young. Clement is somewhat worrysome. If he has a good first half, I would trade him off.

RP- Pretty good. Nathan is a top 4 closer. Wickman is worrysome, but somehow the man gets the job done. I'd keep caution on him, but he should be alright. I dont think you need to get another closer as Jones shouldnt be out that long at all.

BN- Murtons a decent sleeper, but there are probably better out there. And I tend to think that back-up catchers are useless in fantasy, unless you have a V-mart or mauer type and have a sleeper like mccann or willingham on the bench. I would drop either of these guys if there is better sleeper possiblities on the WW.

Im not too hot on Glavine and Cabrera. If you are looking for sleeper closer potential, grab Devine (who may have been dropped as he was sent to AA) or Cotts/Politte.

Good team. Should finnish in the top 4.

Thanks for helping me!
Dodgers World Champs 2012

GO FORESTERS!!!!!!
suppasonic
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Frappy » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:11 am

Cotts/Devine gone - let me tell you: Theese guy went heavy on young guys and sleepers. Oh and by back-up catcher I mean a fall-out plan for the unproven and very confusing Josh Willingham.
Frappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby 123inningplz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:28 am

Juan Encarnacion is someone I'm expecting to breakout this year. He'll benefit from hitting in front of Pujols.
123inningplz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Thanks

Postby Frappy » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:29 am

Thanks, Ill keep an eye out for him.
Frappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slumpbuster06 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:09 am

Thanks for the input on my team. Like I said, Ive been outta practice with this for quite a while so I may not be giving the best advice. I agree to a point that your outfield could use some help, but since Crisp will be playing in Fenway now, I think that will help his numbers. (short porch in right, and the monster if he goes the other way) His speed should help as well. The biggest concern IMO is Dye, but he could prove me wrong.

Startling pitching seems to be really good, but the bullpen is something (Like everyone else has said) that should be addressed. Its seems as though you are on top of things, keep up posted how it goes.
slumpbuster06
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Airzoom32 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:36 pm

I like your team alot. I think that Crisp, being a fastball hitter, is going to have a very good year hitting in front of Manny and Ortiz. I would like to see you get one more outfielder with a little more upside than Dye/Hunter, but you know what you are getting from them. Pitching staff is solid, overall if people play near thier potential for you this year you should be in good shape
Airzoom32
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Frappy » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:13 pm

Thanks guys - I was thinking of a trade, something like Dye/hunter and a SP for a bettter outfielder, theres a 1250 IP limit so 8 pitchers may be too much anyway
Frappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team