Robert Fick the most underrated 1st baseman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Robert Fick the most underrated 1st baseman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Robert Fick the most underrated 1st baseman

Postby Super GM » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:33 am

It seems to me that Robert Fick is the most underrated 1st baseman. His stats are pretty good actually.

R HR RBI SB AVG
33 8 49 1 .300

What do y'all think?
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:37 am

Well those are pretty good stats but first base position is pretty deep. I mean off the top of my head I could probably name a few 1B who might be worth more. Delgado, Palmeiro, Thome, Giambi, Helton, Sexton, Huff, etc etc so I don't think Fick is underrated. It's just like the OF's situation. There are an abundance of them.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby CaptainJenks » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:41 am

Yeah he is very underated, but is one of the players I dont like and will not have on my roster. Carlos Lee, R. Sanders, Burrel Durazo, Castilla, Hernandez, and I also hate Rondell White, but I have him on on of my rosters, there is no one else but I bench him alot. He has screwed me in the past with all of his injurys
With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.
CaptainJenks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:22 am

He is a good 1b especially if your team is stacked at all other positions. One week he got me 38 points in a h2h league. I just recently packaged him in a trade.....

Fick, Willis and Pavano

for

Big Hurt, Webb and W Miller

Although I like Fick and he was productive for me I think I upgraded with Thomas.

Postby jdh » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:34 pm

Fantasy wise, Fick is close to useless because he only plays against righties and if you have him as your 1B it requires that you constantly check who the Braves are facing and insert another 1B when they play lefties. He's totally worthless in a fantasy league IMO.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby willieroe » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:54 pm

jdh wrote:Fantasy wise, Fick is close to useless because he only plays against righties and if you have him as your 1B it requires that you constantly check who the Braves are facing and insert another 1B when they play lefties. He's totally worthless in a fantasy league IMO.

You could substitute Klesko/Padres for Fick/Braves in the above paragraph, though, and I haven't seen much write-off of Klesko in fantasy forums.
willieroe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Super GM » Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:31 pm

Anonymous wrote:He is a good 1b especially if your team is stacked at all other positions. One week he got me 38 points in a h2h league. I just recently packaged him in a trade.....

Fick, Willis and Pavano

for

Although I like Fick and he was productive for me I think I upgraded with Thomas.

Yeah and you downgraded your team by shipping Dontrelle Willis!
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:59 pm

Anonymous wrote:
He is a good 1b especially if your team is stacked at all other positions. One week he got me 38 points in a h2h league. I just recently packaged him in a trade.....

Fick, Willis and Pavano

for

Yeah and you downgraded your team by shipping Dontrelle Willis!

No I think I may have held steady with Prior, Smoltz, Morris (even though he is falling apart) and Mulder. Now I have three very good backups in Miller, Webb, and Washburn.
Still solid.

Return to Baseball Leftovers