Best fantasy baseball writers or sites? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best fantasy baseball writers or sites?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best fantasy baseball writers or sites?

Postby reenum » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:02 pm

I just thought I'd throw this out, and see what sites people make sure to check every day, and who they think are their favorite and most reliable fantasy experts.

I really enjoy reading TalentedMrRoto.com. The guys have a good sense of humor, and it's the only way I was competitive last year while studying for my licensing exam.
I never smile if I can help it.... Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life.
reenum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby patty cheeks » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:02 pm

patty cheeks
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KDOGG » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:03 pm

Brandon Funston at Yahoo :-P
KDOGG
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby GrubNasty » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:06 pm

not fantasy related, but i enjoy the site http://www.ballbug.com/ .... its kinda like a buzz index related to baseball... if your familiar with the tech site http://tech.memeorandum.com/ its from the same guy... he counts up links and makes an index of whats going on and most talked about... good stuff sometimes that you miss...
GrubNasty
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:19 pm

I think this site is the best of them all
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:22 pm

Yeah, the cafe is the best but Rotoworld is required reading as well.
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:13 pm

Simulacrum wrote:Yeah, the cafe is the best but Rotoworld is required reading as well.

You mean so we can see who Gleeman wants for his fantasy keeper team that he drafts on a 10 year horizon? Or how they offered advice on Kevin Brown and do not even know which hand he managed to break?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Red Stripe » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:38 pm

Simulacrum wrote:Yeah, the cafe is the best but Rotoworld is required reading as well.

I just like Rotoworld because they always seem to have the quickest easiest to find updates.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby reenum » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:12 pm

Fanball's not too bad either. I especially like getting their Newsbreakers e-mail during baseball and football season.
I never smile if I can help it.... Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life.
reenum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:14 pm

As further proof that Rotoworld should report the news and not comment on it. Here is another gem of deep and profound inisght. Apparently they need to remind us that Miceli blows...but somehow want to imply that Orvella doesn't?

Rotoworld:
Dan Miceli blew the save and took the loss after giving up three runs in the ninth against the Orioles on Thursday night.
Miceli entered with two outs in the eighth and struck out Kevin Millar with two men on to protect a one-run lead. The Rays added a run in the bottom of the eighth, but that wasn't enough for Miceli, who gave up a walk, a single, a sac fly and a two-run homer to Melvin Mora. Let this serve as a reminder of why Chad Orvella still has fantasy value. Miceli isn't going to lose his job right now, but he's not an above average reliever.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers