Oh man, what a night it's going to be...... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Oh man, what a night it's going to be......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:38 am

Big Pimpin wrote:Wrestling has just been one thing I've watched off and on but never really gotten into. However, I will say that I was watching it fairly consistently maybe five years ago when Rey "de-masked". Someone pulled off his mask and he went off for a few weeks just kicking the crap out of huge guys (I don't know wrestling that well... one of them may have been HHH... I can't remember).

Anyway, little guy strutting around in his urban camo beating the tar out of the big guys. I was a fan. ;-D

Mad, do you know what I'm talking about? If you've been a fan for a long time you may remember...
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:06 am

Fireball Express wrote:
Madison wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Mad, I hate to say this but I never thought you were this simple minded. These guys are just acrobats on steroids. I can't believe you actually pay money for this.
It's not wrestling and should not share the same name as the real thing.

http://www.ncaasports.com/wrestling/mens

It's a soap opera with fighting, instead of people sleeping around with everyone. Why is watching it, and liking it a crime?

You want as real as real gets, then forget wrestling completely in all forms, and start watching the Ultimate Fighting Championships. ;-D

Never said it was a crime, just mindless, sort of like watching soap operas. :-)
As a former "real" wrestler I always found it insulting that the two shared the same name. One is a sport and the other is an act.

Yes, the UFC is brutal. I always root for the grapplers. Notice they usually win.

I can live with mindless. Simple minded didn't sit well (most likely just the wording), so we're all good now. :-D I agree that it's mindless fun, but doesn't everyone do something for mindless fun occasionally? :-)

Big Pimpin wrote:Mad, do you know what I'm talking about? If you've been a fan for a long time you may remember...

Yep, I remember it, and thought the unmasking was good for his character. Now he's embraced his Hispanic roots (which is perfectly fine) and doesn't take the mask off anymore.

I remember watching Rey beat Kevin Nash back in the WCW days and shaking my head at the sheer lunacy of that. It just wouldn't happen, so not believeable at all, and only fuels those who treat wrestling as "fake". Just because the matches are predetermined, that doesn't make the whole thing "fake". ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:25 pm

I used to watch WWF back in the Ricky the Dragon Steamboat days. I watch it once in a while now for the sheer amusement of it all. But with 2 little ones in the house now I have to budget out my allowable televised violence and so I use it all on UFC once in a while. No WWE matchup can compare to Arlovski taking somebody out in 14 secs. For pure wrestling entertainment the match b/w Nick Diaz and Karo Parisyan was amazing.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:22 pm

Wrestlemania 23 is coming to Detroit next year. i wont be going
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk