Oh man, what a night it's going to be...... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Oh man, what a night it's going to be......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Oh man, what a night it's going to be......

Postby Madison » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:00 am

Now I know there are very few wrestling fans here, but I'm a wrestling fan, and proud of it. :-) ;-D

Anyway, the Granddaddy of them all is here. Yep, Wrestlemania! :-B

Now, here's the thing, and I realized this about a week ago, but it's Sunday night! 8-o Right up against the first baseball game of the season! 8-o

We came up with a cool solution though. B-) Going to go to a friend's house, have around 8 televisions hooked up in the living room and party room (yeah, he's got a big house), watch both at the same time, and have a great opening day/wrestling party.

Whoohooo! B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby curious_george_43545 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:15 am

Go back to Texas with this wrestling thing of yours. We don't like your kind here.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:45 am

I had no idea they still did Wrestlemania. I think the last one I watched had the Iron Shiek wrestling against Ricky the Dragon Steamboat. What number are they up to now? It's got to be into the mid 20s, right?
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:22 am

Art Vandelay wrote:I had no idea they still did Wrestlemania. I think the last one I watched had the Iron Shiek wrestling against Ricky the Dragon Steamboat. What number are they up to now? It's got to be into the mid 20s, right?

Every year. ;-D This is Wrestlemania 22. :-)

Shame they wasted my favorite wrestler in this one though. Undertaker vs. Mark Henry in a casket match. 'Taker will win this one easy, so that makes it a bit boring, however, Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania will go to 14-0. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LiveForever » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:36 am

Madison wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I had no idea they still did Wrestlemania. I think the last one I watched had the Iron Shiek wrestling against Ricky the Dragon Steamboat. What number are they up to now? It's got to be into the mid 20s, right?

Shame they wasted my favorite wrestler in this one though. Undertaker vs. Mark Henry in a casket match. 'Taker will win this one easy, so that makes it a bit boring, however, Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania will go to 14-0. ;-D

You know its fake right? :-D
"If you look long enough for an argument against reason, you will find it" ~Moneyball

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness
LiveForever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:06 am

Madison wrote:

The Undertaker is still around? I stopped watching wrestling right when he was starting to get popular. I remember his first few fights he came out, beat fools down in like 10 seconds, did some move where he walked across the top rope, then body bagged them. But he did it all suspicious like and never said a word or lingered in the ring. Wrestling was good times back in the day.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:54 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
Madison wrote:

The Undertaker is still around? I stopped watching wrestling right when he was starting to get popular. I remember his first few fights he came out, beat fools down in like 10 seconds, did some move where he walked across the top rope, then body bagged them. But he did it all suspicious like and never said a word or lingered in the ring. Wrestling was good times back in the day.

Still is. :-) ;-D

Oh, and 'Taker still does the "old school" move you talked about. It's not a finishing move, but he uses it in almost every match.

LiveForever wrote:You know its fake right? :-D

Depends on what you mean by "fake". I've seen bones broken in two on more occasions than I can count (and have some of them on tape). I've seen some unreal injuries in the ring, and even one death (RIP Owen :,-( ). Do I watch guys give everything they've got for a half hour or more, sweat buckets, bleed (from legitimate cuts, not blading), and do everything they can to provide a good show? Absolutely. Have I seen guys go off the script and fight for real? Absolutely. Have I seen matches that did not end the way they were scripted? Absolutely.

Now if we're just talking about the matches being predetermined, then yes, most matches have the winner predetermined before the wrestlers even enter the ring.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:01 am

I imagine I will be flipping back and forth between wrestling and the baseball game. Not many of the matches interests me, so the baseball game will probably be on more then the wrestling except for when Flair is wrestling.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jbyrdo » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

Don't you have to buy it on paper view? That alone turns me away from Wrestlemania :-t
Jbyrdo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:55 am

Wrestlemania is awesome. I had box tickets when they came to Toronto. I believe it was Wrestlemania X8.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk