Please rate my team (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate my team (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate my team (WHIR)

Postby maroon » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:16 pm

I think my team has lots of potential, I'm just hoping at least half of these guys produce. Any thoughts would be great.

10 Team Roto [H, R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG] [W, SV, H(its), K, ERA, WHIP]

C - V. Mart
1B - P. Fielder
2B- R. Weeks
SS - M. Young
3B - G. Atkins
OF - G. Sizemore
OF - B. Giles
OF - W. Taveres
Util - T. Hafner
BN - J. Drew
BN - M. Alou
BN - C. Guillen

SP - J. Beckett
SP - J. Garland
RP - M. Rivera
RP - B. Wagner
P - J. Nathan
P - C. Cordero
P - J. Vazquez
BN - O. Perez
BN - C. Capuano
maroon
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby schillingfan » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:29 pm

Your team has a ton of potential but whether they achieve that is another story. I think that most of them will achieve though. V-Mart, Young, Giles, and Hafner are young stars that you can depend on. If Fielder and Weeks come up big, your offense is set. Needless to say, you will win the saves category with all of those closers and they will help with your ERA and WHIP. Beckett is a huge risk but when he's healthy, he's dangerous. The rest of your starters are above average but nothing spectacular. I'd say move one or two of your closers and pick up a stud ;-D
14 Team Yahoo H2H League
schillingfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby somervillesoxfan » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:10 am

schillingfan wrote:Your team has a ton of potential but whether they achieve that is another story. I think that most of them will achieve though. V-Mart, Young, Giles, and Hafner are young stars that you can depend on. If Fielder and Weeks come up big, your offense is set. Needless to say, you will win the saves category with all of those closers and they will help with your ERA and WHIP. Beckett is a huge risk but when he's healthy, he's dangerous. The rest of your starters are above average but nothing spectacular. I'd say move one or two of your closers and pick up a stud ;-D

;-D

help with mine
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=182683
somervillesoxfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby reenum » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:10 am

I really like your pitching. All the guys you have are solid.

I'm not so sure about your hitting. You have too many rookies starting at key spots. I think having Fielder, Weeks, OR Atkins would be good. I think you should probably find a more established starter to replace at least one of those players, if not two. The second issue is that you're counting on Giles and Alou to be major contributors. Again, I don't know how prudent it is. Alou can be dangerous, but I think Giles' best days are way behind him.

Finally, you also have the bane of all fantasy players, J.D. Drew. I actually think it is valuable to stash JD on the bench. He usually hits well when he plays.

I think the core of your team is solid, but there's work to be done.
I never smile if I can help it.... Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life.
reenum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Billy's Beane's » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:29 am

At first glance, I liked your team, then I noticed it's a 10 team league. I would like to see more offense.

I only see 2 sure things on offense in Young and Hafner. The above poster that said bad things about Giles is correct in my opinion. I really think he's washed up.

Hey, don't get me wrong...you're not far off and you definately have a ton of potential.

I would either trade or drop Guillen if you can't get any takers. You have no reason to carry 2 SS's with Young on your team.

You definately got the pick of the litter with your closers. Nice work. You're in awesome shape with your pitching. Just watch out for Perez at the beginning of the season. I would bench him for a couple starts to make sure he doesn't kill your WHIP.

Look around for someone in need of a stud closer. I'd ship one of yours with either Giles or Drew for a power OF or 1B.
My team: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2139669#2139669
Billy's Beane's
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team