Replacing Lilly in the starting rotation next year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Replacing Lilly in the starting rotation next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who will replace Lilly in starting rotation if he is not re-signed next year?

Shawn Marcum
No votes
Brandon League
13%
Josh Banks
25%
Pete Walker
No votes
Scott Downs
25%
Ty Taubenheim
No votes
Casey Janssen
38%

Total votes : 8

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:26 pm

flying27 wrote:McGowan and Purcey I now think are BOTH hopeless.

Hopeless? :-?

McGowan is having a pretty good season since becoming a starter at Syracuse, and Purcey still has a lot of potential and he was going along alright at Syracuse, but he just has some major control problems right now. If Dave can get those fixed, he would certainly be a useful pitcher in this league.

I really don't see the point in all this negativity about two 24 year olds..
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flying27 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:04 pm

The fact is that at 24 years old they are not that young for prospects, and they still arent even close to being able to pitch regularly in the majors, even at a time the Jays pitching situation is desperate. They serve no use for the team in the future. Halladay, Chacin, Burnett, and Janssen are in the teams starting rotation for a long time to come, and you have the two Romeros coming up. McGowan and Purcey both have no future with the Jays, and they should trade them away now since they are worthless to the team now, or in the future.
flying27
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:02 am

flying27 wrote:The fact is that at 24 years old they are not that young for prospects, and they still arent even close to being able to pitch regularly in the majors, even at a time the Jays pitching situation is desperate. They serve no use for the team in the future. Halladay, Chacin, Burnett, and Janssen are in the teams starting rotation for a long time to come, and you have the two Romeros coming up. McGowan and Purcey both have no future with the Jays, and they should trade them away now since they are worthless to the team now, or in the future.

You do realize that Davis Romero is only 1 year younger than both of them right? Yet, he qualifies as a prospect and they don't? :-?

Personally, I'm not sold on Chacin yet, and I've even heard that he might require TJ surgery on that elbow of his. He's definitely not a sure thing in this rotation.

And now we're saying Casey Janssen is automatically a part of the future? Based on what? 10 starts? It's going to take more than that to prove to me that he can pitch in this league. I admit though, it definitely looks like he has all the tools to do it. He throw strikes, which is probably the most important thing of all.

Anyway, I gurantee atleast 1 of them will be pitching for this team full-time (whether that be in the bullpen or the rotation) in the next 1-2 years. I gurantee it.

I wouldn't however, be surprised to see one of them moved in a trade for pitching sooner or later, though.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby flying27 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:04 pm

Anyway, I gurantee atleast 1 of them will be pitching for this team full-time (whether that be in the bullpen or the rotation) in the next 1-2 years. I gurantee it.

I hope you are joking, you seem smarter then that. :-/
flying27
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Toronto Blue Jays