My Boss Sucks; Opinions needed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

My Boss Sucks; Opinions needed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby knapplc » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:58 pm

TheRock wrote:Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

1) knapp is right, technically they can for any reason or for no reason at all. But if this uptight fires you over something like this you don't want to work there anyway.

2) Always leave the building for lunch. The fresh air will do you good.

3) words of encouragement:
Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar. -- Drew Carey

Something I don't say (I'm required to be neutral and that found its way into my advice to ACS), but it's very, very true. If he's that way, it's best to get out and find somewhere you like working. That may take a while to find, but considering all the time you spend at work, you owe it to yourself to find that job.

Maybe I'll buy a paper this weekend... :-?
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thedude » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:08 pm

Coppermine wrote:MOD EDIT: I'm not editing this post again. Scroll up if you want to read the edited version.

this is a very funny rant. ;-D
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:10 pm

Jobs can fire you for absolutely anything now adays. Even if you take it up with the Union rep or any other org. supporting the workers the employer simply states that "He was on lunch during a crisis in the company with many overloaded tasks that needed to be done, thats shows me hes not a team player" and then you're screwed.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:05 pm

thedude wrote:
Coppermine wrote:MOD EDIT: I'm not editing this post again. Scroll up if you want to read the edited version.

Wow, even acronyms and cleverly placed asterisks are off limits?

In any case, won't happen again.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:11 pm

Coppermine wrote:
thedude wrote:

Exactly. Acronyms, asterisks, etc., have always been off limits because people still know what you're trying to say. Notice the Sam Jackson thread got locked because people were acting like children in it, instead of just using something a little more appropriate?

Thanks for the cooperation. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:13 pm

Sorry Madison, you know I'm a classy guy :-o

In any case, you can imagine that sometimes in the heat of the argument (or rant in this case) that things can sometimes get out of hand. No harm intended and I can understand the discretionary editing. The cafe should be a family friendly environment an regardless of my libertarian judgement, I shall comply (although I do think that the letters T, W, and F should be allowed in a specific order because, technically, it's not swearing... and by that rationale, if "people know what I'm saying" anyway, then why should it matter? Oops, there I go again, trying to make sense of censorship!).

Rock on.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:27 pm

I understand, which is why you didn't get a card. It's more a matter of that people only have to be 13 years old to be a member of this board, and we don't need a bunch of kids running around using anything with the "F" in it, acronym or not, simply because they saw another member do it and think it's acceptable, when it is not. We'd turn into the Yahoo message boards real fast if we allowed that kind of thing, and I think it's safe to say that our request to keep foul language off the boards is part of why the Cafe' is so great.

As to "censorship", I highly disagree. Nothing is censored, we simply remove foul language. That does not qualify as "censorship" to me. Anything that's said with cussing, can be said with a bit of dignity instead. It's the poster's choice as to if they are going to act like a spoiled child and disrespect the Cafe', or a responsible adult and post with class.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:30 pm

Madison wrote:I understand, which is why you didn't get a card. It's more a matter of that people only have to be 13 years old to be a member of this board, and we don't need a bunch of kids running around using anything with the "F" in it, acronym or not, simply because they saw another member do it and think it's acceptable, when it is not. We'd turn into the Yahoo message boards real fast if we allowed that kind of thing, and I think it's safe to say that our request to keep foul language off the boards is part of why the Cafe' is so great.

As to "censorship", I highly disagree. Nothing is censored, we simply remove foul language. That does not qualify as "censorship" to me. Anything that's said with cussing, can be said with a bit of dignity instead. It's the poster's choice as to if they are going to act like a spoiled child and disrespect the Cafe', or a responsible adult and post with class.

Well said Mad... now prepare to go down in the cool guys league. Because we're both clearly cool guys.

Also, I think you and I may need to have a private yellow card discussion.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Madison » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:37 pm

Coppermine wrote:Well said Mad... now prepare to go down in the cool guys league. Because we're both clearly cool guys.

Also, I think you and I may need to have a private yellow card discussion.

Ha! Even with probably the worst draft I've ever had, I'm still going to win that league B-) . Consider it a handicap I gave all of you to get started. :-D

PM away if there's something private we need to discuss. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby beltrans_boy » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:24 pm

Madison wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
thedude wrote:

Exactly. Acronyms, asterisks, etc., have always been off limits because people still know what you're trying to say. Notice the Sam Jackson thread got locked because people were acting like children in it, instead of just using something a little more appropriate?

Thanks for the cooperation. ;-D

Well chit, mang.

;-7
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk