Help, please, idiot player in Yahoo league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Help, please, idiot player in Yahoo league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help, please, idiot player in Yahoo league

Postby JRRNeiklot » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:24 pm

Grrrr. I just had a guy drop all his players to waivers and quit the league. Whoever has high waiver priority is gonna get players like Soriano, Jeter, etc. That's not very fair, is there anyway I can stop this? What should I do?

Thanks for any advice!
JRRNeiklot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CaptainJenks » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:28 pm

Is it a privite or regular league? In my private league, A dushebag, dropped all his players. So our commisioner, had a draft of all the players. 1st waiver priority=1st pick
With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.
CaptainJenks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JRRNeiklot » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:38 pm

Yeah, it's a private league, but I only know 2 guys personally. I just took the first 11 guys who signed up. How would I do a draft like that?
JRRNeiklot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CaptainJenks » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:42 pm

So your the commish. I wouldn't know. I would email everyone and tell the situation, they probaly will be as pissed as you, ask your two friends for help, and see what they could do.
With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.
CaptainJenks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jdh » Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:19 pm

Here is what you can do, but you have to be fast about doing it, and get it done before the waiver period is up. First of all, check and see if the idiot that dropped all his players has commissioner control turned to on. If he does, you can use the commissioner tools to override the waiver priority system, put all the players back on his roster and then lock his team.

If he doesn't have commish control turned on, basically you do have to have some kind of draft to fairly allocate the dropped players. The fairest way would be to either give the last place team the first pick and go up the standings or to to give the team that had the last pick in the draft the first pick. At any rate, what you need to do is get everyone to turn on commissioner control on their teams when you decide who gets what player and then ask them who they want to drop for the player they want to get. Then, with the commissioner tools, you can override the waiver system and put the players on everyone's rosters, dropping the players they want dropped.

However, you have to do this before the 3 day or whatever waiver priority period expires or the waiver claims will just go through.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JRRNeiklot » Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:27 pm

Thanks for the help. He does not have commissioner control turned on. The next league I run, I will make sure EVERYONE turns this on. I have however, locked everyone from picking up players currently. I've had a suggestion that I let the waiver priority stand as is and move on. Would this be fair? Only one or two guys have even used their wp, as it's a mid-season league, only about 3 weeks old.
JRRNeiklot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jdh » Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:48 pm

If the majority of people agree to let the waiver priority dictate it, then that might be the best way to do it. If close to noone has used their waiver priority, it would essentially work like a draft, with the person that got the last draft pick getting the first pick off his team. The problem however is that the people who already used their waiver priority might think this is unfair because they would have no idea someone would be dropping all their studs or they wouldn't have burned their waiver priority.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JRRNeiklot » Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:55 pm

Right. I agree, but in a 12 team league, there's no telling how long it would take to contact everyone and get a reply, plus, at least one guy has already claimed several of the new players before I could lock it down. I think it really only affects 2 teams, as they are the only two to use their wp so far. I'm sure they'll bitch, but rather two than 12, right? With this kind of crap, no one is gonna be happy. Least of all me for having to put up with it.
JRRNeiklot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby great gretzky » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:44 pm

sorta puts a premium on checking your team every day, whcih msot people should do if they can ...
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby guest » Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:48 pm

I used to play in leagues where I didn't know at least half the players and the commish, but because of this I won't do it anymore. Now, if I play in a league, every player must be vouched for by someone else. We still get deadbeats, but not like this. It's also good to play for money. Even a few dollars will keep players interested.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers