Justin Duchscherer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Justin Duchscherer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Justin Duchscherer

Postby crazybob60 » Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:01 pm

Does anybody know much about this kid??? I was wondering if he is worth a pickup and if it is possible he might get the call up before Harden.
crazybob60
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:46 pm

Duchscherer is a tremendous prospect; his numbers at Sacramento are roughly equal to Harden's. Harden is still the better prospect - if only because he's four years younger, but Duchscherer's's definitely worth a pickup in a keeper league.

Tough to say with certainty who would be called up first; if I had to guess, I'd go with Harden.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CaptainJenks » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:52 pm

Dush!ha ha
With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.
CaptainJenks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:05 am

Arlo wrote:Duchscherer is a tremendous prospect; his numbers at Sacramento are roughly equal to Harden's. Harden is still the better prospect - if only because he's four years younger, but Duchscherer's's definitely worth a pickup in a keeper league.

Tough to say with certainty who would be called up first; if I had to guess, I'd go with Harden.

I'm thinking Dush gets called up first. Last I saw, his numbers were better than Hardens. Also, his time is now.... Harden's time will come.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby crazybob60 » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:16 am

Well harden got the call, do you guys see Justin getting the call anytime soon, or is next year the best bet for him????
crazybob60
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jdh » Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:02 am

Well, Harden got called up and is in the starting rotation right now. That means the only way Ducherer can get called up is if they demote Lilly to the bullpen or trade him, or use Duscherer as a reliever.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kcs261 » Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:23 pm

I think they should demote or trade Lilly. I don't think Lilly is ever going to be an elite starter. Bring up Dush!haha
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers