Anna Benson files for divorce! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anna Benson files for divorce!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anna Benson files for divorce!

Postby bdrotoronto » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:57 pm

Wow.. it's funny reading this, to see how pissed Kris is at how he thinks she's the reason he got traded to Baltimore.. 8-o :-b

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9347878

Wife of Orioles pitcher Benson files for divorce

March 30, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Anna Benson has requested a divorce from Baltimore Orioles pitcher Kris Benson, who still believes the New York Mets traded him in response to actions by his impulsive wife.

Anna Benson, an actress and model who has posed topless, filed for divorce in Atlanta on Thursday. The petition for divorce claims the marriage is "irretrievably broken."

The couple has been married for seven years.

Kris Benson initially protested the deal that sent him to the Orioles. But now he thinks the Mets did him a favor.

"I was a little upset because I enjoyed my time in New York and I feel like they had a good team coming into the season," Benson said in a recent interview. "But now that I realize the opportunity I have, it's going to be a good career move for me."

Now, it appears as if he will go at it alone.

In 2005, his first full season with the Mets, Benson allowed three runs or fewer in 19 starts. He was 10-8 with a 4.31 ERA, but New York won 17 of the 28 games in which he pitched.

Despite those numbers, the right-hander was traded to the Orioles in January for pitchers Jorge Julio and John Maine. There was speculation that the deal was perpetuated by the behavior of Anna, who has her own website and publicly discussed intimate details of their sex life.

Mets general manager Omar Minaya contended that Anna Benson was not a factor in the trade. Kris Benson isn't buying it.

"New York is just a world of its own. I knew that coming in, but you learn that a little more when you get put in the spotlight like that in a negative and undeserving way," Kris Benson said. "It was a little frustrating at the time because people kind of believe what they read. For her it's been a little tough, because they kind of portray her in a negative light."

Anna Benson wore a provocative dress at the team Christmas party, and there was talk that she was considering posing nude for Playboy. Kris Benson bristles at the memory.

"We learned a lot from the whole situation. You look at some of the things that were said, some of the lies that were passed, who believes what, who your friends are, who your friends aren't," he said.

He said Anna never had a serious conversation with representatives from Playboy, and that her attire at the party was "not as revealing as people say it is. The only thing they fed off is when she kind of bent over and someone took a picture of it. It's an exaggeration of the truth, and now the Mets are going to miss out on a quality starter and the Orioles are going to benefit."

Benson still finds the reasoning behind the trade to be perplexing, but he knows for certain that the Mets will ultimately regret dealing him away.

"Some people are already seeing the trade as a negative thing. There are a lot of things that don't add up when it comes to the reasoning behind it," he said. "There's a lot of heresy, a lot of rumors floating around about the reason why. Lately, a lot of people are suspecting foul play in terms of one thing being said and the truth being different."

Whatever. Benson is now focused on providing veteran leadership to a young starting rotation and using the advice of esteemed pitching coach Leo Mazzone to take his game to a higher level.

"It's over with. The media in New York kind of took it too far," Benson said.

If Benson can adjust to pitching in the American League, the Orioles should be a better team in 2006.

"We got Kris Benson for a reason: to solidify the starting rotation," manager Sam Perlozzo said. "He doesn't have to be the best in the world, but he has to hold up his end of the bargain, and we feel he will."
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:00 pm

Too bad she's to crazy for me, but i may throw her a bone or 2!
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:13 pm

Well, the Orioles second best off-season move just got much worse.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby nikku88 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:28 pm

Now I can draft more O's players. I was always worried that they would contact some "mystery" illness and keep them out of action.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby lefty31mazur » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:34 pm

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9347878

I love it, she was the one pictured in the Orioles jersey at the press conference and "they" answered questions. I think she made him his bit@%. She does not have to wait for Kris to cheat on her now if she still wants to do the mets. She is going to cash out her half of the chips now and I bet that poker site of hers is giving her a steady cash flow so she does not need him.
lefty31mazur
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:49 pm

And this is a BAD thing for the Orioles? Other than getting to see some skank show up in see-through clothing (which being honest most ball players would get to see anyways at any of their normal road trip hotels ;)) she would have just been a pain in the ass in the clubhouse. Now Kris can focus on baseball instead of his insane wife.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby bleach168 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:54 pm

How long before an Anna Benson sex tape appears?
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby RynMan » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:54 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:And this is a BAD thing for the Orioles? Other than getting to see some skank show up in see-through clothing (which being honest most ball players would get to see anyways at any of their normal road trip hotels ;)) she would have just been a pain in the ass in the clubhouse. Now Kris can focus on baseball instead of his insane wife.

Well said. :-b ;-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:00 pm

I am definitely tired of this chick. I hope she doesn't hook up with another ballplayer. Somebody should hook her up with Kid Rock or something else I don't care about.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 4Pack » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:00 pm

Yeah....skanky thing she is...but I would hit it! LOL
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor