Anna Benson files for divorce - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anna Benson files for divorce

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anna Benson files for divorce

Postby knapplc » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:46 pm

ACS - you're back in the game!!!
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) -- Anna Benson has requested a divorce from Baltimore Orioles pitcher Kris Benson, who still believes the New York Mets traded him in response to actions by his impulsive wife.

Anna Benson, an actress and model who has posed topless, filed for divorce in Atlanta on Thursday. The petition for divorce claims the marriage is "irretrievably broken."

The couple has been married for seven years.

Kris Benson initially protested the deal that sent him to the Orioles. But now he thinks the Mets did him a favor.

"I was a little upset because I enjoyed my time in New York and I feel like they had a good team coming into the season," Benson said in a recent interview. "But now that I realize the opportunity I have, it's going to be a good career move for me."

Now, it appears as if he will go at it alone.

In 2005, his first full season with the Mets, Benson allowed three runs or fewer in 19 starts. He was 10-8 with a 4.31 ERA, but New York won 17 of the 28 games in which he pitched.

Despite those numbers, the right-hander was traded to the Orioles in January for pitchers Jorge Julio and John Maine. There was speculation that the deal was perpetuated by the behavior of Anna, who has her own web site and publicly discussed intimate details of their sex life.

Mets general manager Omar Minaya contended that Anna Benson was not a factor in the trade. Kris Benson isn't buying it.

"New York is just a world of its own. I knew that coming in, but you learn that a little more when you get put in the spotlight like that in a negative and undeserving way," Kris Benson said. "It was a little frustrating at the time because people kind of believe what they read. For her it's been a little tough, because they kind of portray her in a negative light."

Anna Benson wore a provocative dress at the team Christmas party, and there was talk that she was considering posing nude for Playboy. Kris Benson bristles at the memory.

"We learned a lot from the whole situation. You look at some of the things that were said, some of the lies that were passed, who believes what, who your friends are, who your friends aren't," he said.

He said Anna never had a serious conversation with representatives from Playboy, and that her attire at the party was "not as revealing as people say it is. The only thing they fed off is when she kind of bent over and someone took a picture of it. It's an exaggeration of the truth, and now the Mets are going to miss out on a quality starter and the Orioles are going to benefit."

Benson still finds the reasoning behind the trade to be perplexing, but he knows for certain that the Mets will ultimately regret dealing him away.

"Some people are already seeing the trade as a negative thing. There are a lot of things that don't add up when it comes to the reasoning behind it," he said. "There's a lot of heresy, a lot of rumors floating around about the reason why. Lately, a lot of people are suspecting foul play in terms of one thing being said and the truth being different."

Whatever. Benson is now focused on providing veteran leadership to a young starting rotation and using the advice of esteemed pitching coach Leo Mazzone to take his game to a higher level.

"It's over with. The media in New York kind of took it too far," Benson said.

If Benson can adjust to pitching in the American League, the Orioles should be a better team in 2006.

"We got Kris Benson for a reason: to solidify the starting rotation," manager Sam Perlozzo said. "He doesn't have to be the best in the world, but he has to hold up his end of the bargain, and we feel he will."
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JTWood » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:18 pm

So... Did Kris cheat? Will her flight home have a brief "layover" in New York first?

:-b
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KPucks » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:21 pm

JTWood wrote:So... Did Kris cheat? Will her flight home have a brief "layover" in New York first?

:-b

:-D I really hope that's what happened, b/c Anna would go on a tear, sleeping with every man she comes in contact with. Sadly, it is probably something to do with her wanting to live in a large market or something.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:46 pm

I bet she goes crazy anyway. She's got to do something to keep her name in the headlines, so this is probably just the beginning. 8-o
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Fireball Express » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:26 pm

I bet more than half of us would not know who she was if not for her high profile husband. The way I look at it, she used him to promote herself. She would be just another nameless pair of huge boobs if it wasn't for him. I wonder who she'll leach onto now.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby curious_george_43545 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:28 pm

Good for Kris. ;-D
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:31 pm

Oooohhh.....this is going to be expensive for him.

He better pitch well this year to afford this alimony payment
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:32 am

SHOCKandAWE wrote:Oooohhh.....this is going to be expensive for him.

True dat. Although she probably makes some decent money too. I don't know how, but I bet she does. And it's just a matter of time until she's back in some magazine nekkid.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:12 am

Somewhat off topic, but I wish Benson (Kris) was still a Met. :-[
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:13 am

Big Pimpin wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:Oooohhh.....this is going to be expensive for him.

True dat. Although she probably makes some decent money too. I don't know how, but I bet she does. And it's just a matter of time until she's back in some magazine nekkid.

I wouldn't be suprised if she made close to, if not more, than the 7 million he pulls in a season...
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Next

Return to General Talk