Zito to Mets for Milledge & Bannister??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Zito to Mets for Milledge & Bannister???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Iconoclastic » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:07 am

Zito's overrated. The years before last year his numbers were below average, and even last year he was average. Billy Beane knows what he's doing and the Mets would get swindled into trading a good prospect to rent a league average pitcher for one season.

(ducks for cover)
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby George_Foreman » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:23 am

The thing is, both the As and the Mets think they can win it this year. Oakland has tremendous depth at SP (really, it's kind of rediculous), and the Mets have a big fat hole behind Pedro. If the As think they can win without Zito, they'll pull the trigger. Sure, the Mets can get Zito at the end of the year, but they need pitching help now if they're going to make a run at the WS before Delgado and Pedro atrophy too much.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Xtreemes » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:29 am

Any person in the Mets organization who didn't love him already fell in love with Milledge this spring. He impressed everyone, so much so that even though he wasn't going to make the major league team they had him playing with them to get experience. They do not see Floyd coming back next year and have already put Milledge in the opening day lineup for 2007.

The Mets do need pitching, but they are going to have to find another way to get it because Wright, Reyes and Milledge are gonna be in this offense for awhile.
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:35 am

[quote="Xtreemes"]Any person in the Mets organization who didn't love him already fell in love with Milledge this spring. He impressed everyone, so much so that even though he wasn't going to make the major league team they had him playing with them to get experience. They do not see Floyd coming back next year and have already put Milledge in the opening day lineup for 2007.

The Mets do need pitching, but they are going to have to find another way to get it because Wright, Reyes and Milledge are gonna be in this offense for awhile.[/quote]

If Milledge does stay I guess he'll have to get used to playing the corner OF spots becuase Beltran's not moving.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 138)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers