1st Yahoo Draft. How'd I do?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

1st Yahoo Draft. How'd I do??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

1st Yahoo Draft. How'd I do??

Postby eljoey14 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:52 pm

Ok, im new to this and my league is currently a 12-man Head to Head. points league.
(R,H,HR,RBI,SB,AVG,OBP)(W,CG,SV,K,ERA,WHIP) with positions next to names.

c-Javy Lopez
1b- Paul Konerko
2b- Craig Biggio
3b- Alex Rodrigez
ss- Rafel Furcal
of- Scott Podsednik
of- Pat Burrel
of- Brian Giles
util- Curtis Granderson
util- Justin Morneu
BN- Jeff Franouer
BN- Chris Shelton

sp-Roy Oswalt
sp-Jake Peavy
rp-Eric Gagne
rp-Billy Wagner
p-Tim Wakefield
p-Jorge Sosa
p-Scott Shields
p-Mike MacDougal
bn-Paul Maholm
bn-Jarrod Washburn

*I have a trade option. Roy Oswalt (possibly Biggio) for Felipe Lopez and Erving Santana

I am looking first for comments on the strengths and weaknesses of my team and possibilities for upgrades. TY and all help is welcome
eljoey14 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ramble2 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:38 pm

Do NOT trade Oswalt for Lopez and E. Santana!

Biggio is definitely a weak link, but it's not worth the trade. Biggio's OBP is comparable to Lopez's anyways, so in your league (and at a weak position), the upgrade isn't worth it.

You might consider trading Podsednik. Maybe you could package him with Washburn or Wakefield (not that they'll add much value) to upgrade a little bit.

I'd also start Shelton ahead of Granderson. Ride the rookies when they are playing well, but don't rely on them for the season.

You've got a nice top of a rotation, but the back-end is a bit weaker. Keep on top of the waiver wire for better SP.

MacDougal is injured. Put him on the DL and see if A. Burgos (MacDougal's replacement) or Miceli are available, if you need saves. You might also grab Devine if he's still available, as he's likely to take over the closer role in ATL at some point this season.

Please help me too
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Postby tal1286 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:41 pm

ramble2 wrote:Do NOT trade Oswalt for Lopez and E. Santana!

Biggio is definitely a weak link, but it's not worth the trade. Biggio's OBP is comparable to Lopez's anyways, so in your league (and at a weak position), the upgrade isn't worth it.

You might consider trading Podsednik. Maybe you could package him with Washburn or Wakefield (not that they'll add much value) to upgrade a little bit.

I'd also start Shelton ahead of Granderson. Ride the rookies when they are playing well, but don't rely on them for the season.

You've got a nice top of a rotation, but the back-end is a bit weaker. Keep on top of the waiver wire for better SP.

MacDougal is injured. Put him on the DL and see if A. Burgos (MacDougal's replacement) or Miceli are available, if you need saves. You might also grab Devine if he's still available, as he's likely to take over the closer role in ATL at some point this season.

Please help me too

This is solid advice.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES MAKE THAT TRADE!!

sorry for all caps guys, i had to get that out of my system.

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby eljoey14 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:48 pm

Thanks guys, ill decline the trade offer, but besides Biggio what is the weakness of my team? What is the weaker half, Pitching or Offense?
View and rank my team at http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=183125
eljoey14 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby eljoey14 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:52 pm

Also MacDougal cant be placed on dl yet in my league.
View and rank my team at http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=183125
eljoey14 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby blackmarketbaby » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:04 am

Aside from Biggio, I'd take out some insurance on your closers. In the names of Burgos and Baez, that is. You're probably missing a #3 SP, but Oswalt and Peavy are going to be so dominant! I'd put Morneau on the bench and Franouer at UT until one or the other proves that they're worth starting.

Thanks for helping with mine.
blackmarketbaby
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team