League Advice (Small Roto League) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

League Advice (Small Roto League)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

League Advice (Small Roto League)

Postby zoolander » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:48 pm

Some friends and I will be drafting in a 6 team, 5x5, all MLB, roto league this weekend. I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience/opinions on how such a small league (i.e., only 6 teams) might progress/turnout. We wanted to keep the league down to friends that would take it (halfway) seriously. Thanks for comments.
"There has got to be more to life than being really, really, really, ridiculously good-looking." -- D. Zoolander (2001)
zoolander
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Small league

Postby lucatorrent » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:52 pm

I would suggest you limit it to 1 league (AL/NL).

If you are sure you want to keep it both leagues, you need to impose some kind of restrictions on player movement in terms of free agents.

Just my opinion, but a huge player pool and only a few owners tends to ruin a league. Takes out alot of strategy involved in a competitive league.
lucatorrent
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby redsoxflyfishr » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:55 pm

I personally am not a fan of the small leagues (less than 10 teams). This year I did join a league with only 8 teams to try it out. The reason I don't like the smaller team leagues is it doesn't make anyone really reach and go for risky draft picks. Especially in a 6 team league almost every team will have an all-star lineup and not a whole lot of reason to draft potential sleepers. I am trying it out this year because I want to see if it will be very competitive. If it's a league with friends though you can have a good time trash talking so it should be fun for you anyway.
redsoxflyfishr
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Baseball Leftovers