Rox fans insight into Brad Hawpe.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rox fans insight into Brad Hawpe....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thedude » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:52 pm

acsguitar wrote:
thedude wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

That guys a total idiot here are some things he said:

Garrett Atkins, the third baseman, was mediocre last year in his rookie season

Yea Garrett only had 89 rbi's 13 hr's and batted .287 Um....Mediocre? I about 1 seasons AB's he has 100 rbi's yea that sucks

Brad Hawpe is Colorado's left fielder
At least get his position right moron he plays right field.

Barmes missed three months of action and struggled mightily (.544 OPS) upon his return.

Yea he played 1 month upon his return oh no!

He also uses the word Mediocre 5 times... Learn to write. And get your facts straight

MAybe that is because rbis are not the end all and be all. I cal 13 homers and 287 in coors field ofr a power position is pretty medicore.

Um he was a rookie and had almost 100 rbi's his rookie season while almost batting 300

And playing thirdbase at coors field.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:11 pm

Does he have the starting job or is he platooning again?
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 451)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:34 pm

i think mediocre is a pretty apt description of atkins season. a .773 ops is mark grudzielanek territory. like a lot of rockie hitters, he was absolutely pug fugly on the road. overall numbers are below average for a fantasy 3b, and very disappointing considering what a washed up vinny castilla did the year before.

barmes, btw, also struggled mightily in the AFL.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:47 pm

Hawpe is the Rockies starting right fielder this year, batting 6th. He really has no one to push him for his spot, so I think his job is safe. He has great raw power potential, I'm curious to see how it develops. I can hope for 20+ HRs.

Shealy's move to the OF was scrubbed, and he's on the DL. He's going to be traded by the Rockies this season, probably for garbage (I hate you O'Dud!!!).

Atkins was a rookie! Those are pretty good numbers for a rookie. Yes, he sucked on the road, but he has gap power and hits a lot of line drvies. His numbers on the road will improve this year. Same with Barmes.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TurdFerguson » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:02 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:i think mediocre is a pretty apt description of atkins season. a .773 ops is mark grudzielanek territory. like a lot of rockie hitters, he was absolutely pug fugly on the road. overall numbers are below average for a fantasy 3b, and very disappointing considering what a washed up vinny castilla did the year before.

What you fail to notice on Atkins is that he missed the first month of the season.I guess in his first full season he was suppose to come up and hit 320-30-100
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:15 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:i think mediocre is a pretty apt description of atkins season. a .773 ops is mark grudzielanek territory. like a lot of rockie hitters, he was absolutely pug fugly on the road. overall numbers are below average for a fantasy 3b, and very disappointing considering what a washed up vinny castilla did the year before.

What you fail to notice on Atkins is that he missed the first month of the season.I guess in his first full season he was suppose to come up and hit 320-30-100

Exactly...how are people calling him Mediocre...he was a rookie. His numbers were better then the majority of other rookies which by definition doesn't make him mediocre
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:20 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:

Very good point too. I completely forgot that he missed some of April.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thedude » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:25 pm

acsguitar wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Exactly...how are people calling him Mediocre...he was a rookie. His numbers were better then the majority of other rookies which by definition doesn't make him mediocre

He had a park adjusted OPS+ of 92. That is pretty medicore. If want to define a below average season as anything else i guess that is your choice.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Postby TurdFerguson » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:40 pm

thedude wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

He had a park adjusted OPS+ of 92. That is pretty medicore. If want to define a below average season as anything else i guess that is your choice.
Seriously with fantasy to the side the guy had a freakin sloid rookie season.If you think 89 RBIs with missing the first month of the season isnt solid than you are in fantasy land.OPS adjusted of 92 yada yada yada another thing is you arent realizing is that the guy was a ROOKIE.
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:25 pm

ops is a rate stat. missing april doesnt affect it.

i dont care if he is a rookie. i never said he wouldnt amount to anything. i never said he was worthless. i never said he had no real life value. i am saying if he was your fantasy 3b last year in anything less than a 16 team league or nl only league you would have been disappointed. forget his age and his name for a moment. if you had that stat line for your 3b last year would you be happy?
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers