12-team contender, leave a link - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

12-team contender, leave a link

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12-team contender, leave a link

Postby blackmarketbaby » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:48 am

Hey guys. 12 team, 6x6 roto nonkeeper league (standard categories plus doubles and K/BB):

C R Hernandez
1B P Konerko
2B F Lopez
3B S Rolen
SS M Tejada
LF M Holliday
CF J Bay
RF L Berkman
UT B Giles
BN B Wilkerson
BN T Hunter

SP C Zambrano
SP J Schmidt
RP H Street
RP F Cordero
P M Gonzalez
P C Orvella
P S Shields
BN D Haren
BN D Cabrera
BN D Weathers

I tried to limit myself to three major 'I was injured in 2005, but I can bounce back well' players. So, I figure that I'm going to need SPs and some SBs. The following pitchers are on the WW: Verlander, Wang, Maddux, Penny, Chacin, Towers, Chacon, Thomson, Hampton, Sosa, Silva (awesome K/BB ratio).

What's everyone elses' thoughts? Thank you.
blackmarketbaby
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby proudpinoy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:21 am

you oughta replace wilkerson. doesnt look good for him since he got cortisone shots again. gibbons granderson hermida should be good pickups

i like sosa, wang, chacon in that order.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=182958
Theirs is no reason why. Just do or die.
proudpinoy Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby rscharnell » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:24 am

agree on moving Wilk on for someone else, and you may want to make a move for another top SP. I dont think your steals will be too bad, Bay, Holliday and Giles should be good for 15-20...so its not bad, but a speed guy wouldnt hurt.

help me: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=182872
rscharnell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blackmarketbaby » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:09 pm

Thanks guys (aka: bump).

Wilks blasted his third homer of ST yesterday and is still a lock for the lead-off role in Texas, so I'm still bullish on him as a bench player.

I'll definitely look at any link left by people who'll respond to my post, so give it a WHIRl.
blackmarketbaby
College Coach
College Coach

Postby eljoey14 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:37 pm

It might just be me but i like Jorge Sosas upside and think that Paul Maholm is a sleeper. but i think your team looks good on offense maybe try to pick up Erving Santana if hes available
View and rank my team at http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=183125
eljoey14 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby garf112 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:55 pm

I'd trade some of your closers and outfield depth for starting pitching or a better closer or hitter. Five closers in a 12 team league is outrageous. Team looks top notch! I'd definitely pick up Maddux, Silva and/or Penny.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Bold

Postby Bosy Billups » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:15 pm

That is a Bold prediction above...

Your SP is awesome! I would not be so keen on Orvella. Is Seo out there? Since your RP is good, you might want to pick up some speed on the wire. Gathright? Freel? Granderson?

whatcha think of deez nuts:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=183128
Bosy Billups
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby somervillesoxfan » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:59 pm

If I were you id grab Verlander. He has ace stuff and awesome potential. I think that you definitely need another SP. Maybe drop Weathers for Verlander.

Help me with mine.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=182683
somervillesoxfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Jury » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:57 pm

Leave Verlander for now - he's gotta get his control issues fixed before he's going to make any impact in the bigs.

I play more categories than 5x5; we also use K/BB as one of our categories. 2 easy moves, IMO, are to drop Daniel Cabrera and Weathers, and grab Penny and Maddux. Cabrera is going to give you Ks but he'll hurt both normal ratios and K/BB, so he's not a good pitcher in this format. I dropped him a couple days ago in my league.

Weathers is kind of just taking up a roster spot that you could use on a solid pitcher like Penny or Maddux.

I'd also really ponder dropping either Wilkerson or Torii Hunter for Carlos Silva at this time. Wilkerson was a nice bat for the Nationals but in the leadoff spot I don't see anything special out of him.

Finally, keep an eye on Josh Towers. He pitched pretty well down the stretch last year and logged 200 IP with decent ratios and a nice K/BB.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby blackmarketbaby » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:38 pm

Good stuff. Since this isn't a keeper, I'm keeping far from Verlander. Chris Ray was just dropped (third year in a row the Orioles'closer was dropped during ST in my old college league) and I have the #1 WW priority, so consider Weathers a goner. I think Penny is my best option here if another spot opens up.

Keep the opinions coming, I'll be generous with my comments with links left behind.
blackmarketbaby
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team