Looks like Hairston wins. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Looks like Hairston wins.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looks like Hairston wins.

Postby RugbyD » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:19 am

per rototimes:

Jerry Hairston (OF) ChC appears to have the edge at second base for the Cubs over Todd Walker and Neifi Perez, according to the Chicago Tribune. Dusty Baker said he's planning to sit down with all three players sometime soon to discuss the situation.

Code: Select all
PLAYER         AVG   G  AB   R   H  TB 2B 3B HR RBI SLG       
T Walker      .324  16  34   8  11  20  6  0  1  11 .590
J Hairston Jr .286  20  49  11  14  18  4  0  0   4 .370


abomination.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:40 am

I think this is based off of 'Walker is going to get hurt anyways/we gave up Sosa for this guy (which was nice by the way) so we should play him or get rid of him.' We'll see. Dusty switches up guys. I wouldn't be surprised to see him switch them out based off match-ups.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 10983
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bleachers at Wrigley Field

Re: Looks like Hairston wins.

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:40 am

RugbyD wrote:per rototimes:

Jerry Hairston (OF) ChC appears to have the edge at second base for the Cubs over Todd Walker and Neifi Perez, according to the Chicago Tribune. Dusty Baker said he's planning to sit down with all three players sometime soon to discuss the situation.

Code: Select all
PLAYER         AVG   G  AB   R   H  TB 2B 3B HR RBI SLG       
T Walker      .324  16  34   8  11  20  6  0  1  11 .590
J Hairston Jr .286  20  49  11  14  18  4  0  0   4 .370


abomination.


Baseball Prospectus prefers Hairston, too, so it's not totally crazy.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 801
Joined: 3 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looks like Hairston wins.

Postby RugbyD » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:44 am

teddyballgamemvp wrote:
RugbyD wrote:per rototimes:

Jerry Hairston (OF) ChC appears to have the edge at second base for the Cubs over Todd Walker and Neifi Perez, according to the Chicago Tribune. Dusty Baker said he's planning to sit down with all three players sometime soon to discuss the situation.

Code: Select all
PLAYER         AVG   G  AB   R   H  TB 2B 3B HR RBI SLG       
T Walker      .324  16  34   8  11  20  6  0  1  11 .590
J Hairston Jr .286  20  49  11  14  18  4  0  0   4 .370


abomination.


Baseball Prospectus prefers Hairston, too, so it's not totally crazy.

what is their determination based on?
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

Postby tal1286 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:44 am

I don't know what to think except for that I think it's interesting that Walker has more TB in about 30% less ABs.
Image

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 1830
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Verizon Center, Cheering on the Hoyas

Postby savvy_stu » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:27 pm

Good news for people hoping that Murton would start in LF?
Image
savvy_stu
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 780
Joined: 19 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northdeekota

Postby Ender » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:32 pm

Its quite simple, Walker is a hack in the field so they will do everything they can to not play him full time. I don't mind them playing Hairston over Walker, as long as its not Neifi out there.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RugbyD » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:46 pm

Ender wrote:Its quite simple, Walker is a hack in the field so they will do everything they can to not play him full time. I don't mind them playing Hairston over Walker, as long as its not Neifi out there.

i wouldn't call him a hack, its not like he's Soriano, but 'adequate' is about as superlative as I'll go. Any glove deficiencies are more than made up for with the bat. Having Walker at 2 and Murton at 6 is ideal.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5591
Joined: 7 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: punting small dogs and being surly

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:53 pm

Any edge Hairston has over Walker with the glove is more than made up with Walker's bat. Seems like Walker is in Dusty's doghouse for his earlier comments about being the starter.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21623
(Past Year: 325)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Re: Looks like Hairston wins.

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:15 pm

RugbyD wrote:Dusty Baker said he's planning to sit down with all three players sometime soon to discuss the situation.

abomination.


I think that ESPN ought to forget about following Barry around and arrange to tape this meeting. I suspect that it would be pretty interesting. I took at look at BP last night and they had Walker at 8 RBR in the field. I should have looked up the batting stuff too but that was not that bad. He's apparently improved as his last season in Bos he was -20!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 4170
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Champaign, IL

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact