Photoshop question.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Photoshop question....

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

Photoshop question....

Postby Bradg533 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:01 am

after you dl a brush pack how do u use them or get them into photoshop?
Image
Props to C_DubYah
Bradg533
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 911
Joined: 20 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: HEB

Postby chargersfan36 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:19 am

for pc:

copy the *.abr file
(most-likely) go my computer > c > program files > adobe > adobe photoshop cs2 > presets > brushes and paste the file in there.
restart ps
click your brush tool
hit the arrow in the upper-left corner next to 'brush:'
hit the arrow in the upper-right corner of that box
click the brush that you downloaded.

hope this helps
chargersfan36
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Posts: 647
Joined: 2 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: San Diego

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:37 am

Pretty much the same thing for macs cept for it's HD>Applications>....
Image
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2068
Joined: 2 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Shooting for par

Postby baseball6791 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:57 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:Pretty much the same thing for macs cept for it's HD>Applications>....


:-?
I just go into the brush pallete and hit the little arrow and there is an option called load brushes, and then you choose the abr file from the desktop and they are right there for you to use...
Image

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4368
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:57 pm

baseball6791 wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:Pretty much the same thing for macs cept for it's HD>Applications>....


:-?
I just go into the brush pallete and hit the little arrow and there is an option called load brushes, and then you choose the abr file from the desktop and they are right there for you to use...


Yeah you can do that but that loads all the brushes in one thing. I used to do that until I got too many brushes and had trouble finding them. So finally I just sorted them all into folders (tech, abstract, grunge, lighting, etc.) That way there was some order to them.
Image
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2068
Joined: 2 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Shooting for par

Postby baseball6791 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:29 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:Pretty much the same thing for macs cept for it's HD>Applications>....


:-?
I just go into the brush pallete and hit the little arrow and there is an option called load brushes, and then you choose the abr file from the desktop and they are right there for you to use...


Yeah you can do that but that loads all the brushes in one thing. I used to do that until I got too many brushes and had trouble finding them. So finally I just sorted them all into folders (tech, abstract, grunge, lighting, etc.) That way there was some order to them.


That's pretty sweet, my brush pallete is a mess - so you just go to applications and then follow what chargersfan said and make folders for each?
Image

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4368
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:56 am

baseball6791 wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:Pretty much the same thing for macs cept for it's HD>Applications>....


:-?
I just go into the brush pallete and hit the little arrow and there is an option called load brushes, and then you choose the abr file from the desktop and they are right there for you to use...


Yeah you can do that but that loads all the brushes in one thing. I used to do that until I got too many brushes and had trouble finding them. So finally I just sorted them all into folders (tech, abstract, grunge, lighting, etc.) That way there was some order to them.


That's pretty sweet, my brush pallete is a mess - so you just go to applications and then follow what chargersfan said and make folders for each?


yup, basically Photoshop>Presets>Brushes>(make new folder for your style brushes) It saves it there and that way you just go to replace brush set instead of load brush set. That way you're just working with that brush set. You can always go back to the defaults by reseting them. I like it this way a lot better once you get so many brushes. Hope it helps ;-D
Image
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2068
Joined: 2 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Shooting for par


Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Apr. 19
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(1:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Cincinnati
(1:08 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(2:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(2:20 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Miami
(4:05 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at NY Mets
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(7:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(8:05 pm)
Arizona at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(8:40 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact