Magglio - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Magglio

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Leiter Fan » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:38 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I dont think we will ever see the HR totals that he had in Chicago, but his average and RBI opps will certainly be there.

I have him close to 70 Rs, 25 HRs, 110 RBIs and hitting slightly above .300 with minimal SBs.

In most drafts I have seen he is severly underated.

His injury doesnt worry me very much at this point - he's had plenty of time to recover and has been playing regularly in the WBC and since then as well. There was one mention of a very minor flare up yesterday, but it wasnt anything serious.

Danny Knobler on Mlive.com wrote:But it sure seemed like the biggest thing bugging Leyland was that he felt he had made a mistake Sunday. He had Magglio Ordonez DH instead of play right field, and while Ordonez was sitting around between at-bats on a blustery day, he felt his knee stiffen up.

This wasn't a serious problem. Ordonez is fine. He worked out today, and he's on the schedule to go to Vero Beach tomorrow to play the Dodgers. But for a manager who prides himself on perfection (and one just coming off what he calls a ``six-year sabbatical''), this kind of mistake was unacceptable.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/weblog/inde ... tml#125230

i think those numbers are pretty reasonable, but not sure he'll crack 100 RBI's.

worries me too that he cant play in the cold

No one said he can't play in the cold. He can't DH in the cold - so what Leyland was saying is that Magglio suffers when he is forced to NOT PLAY when it is cold out.

I doubt Magglio will be called upon to DH very often, if ever.

(Of course, if the American League played real baseball - without any DH - this wouldn't be a concern at all. But that's an argument for another time).
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Smee » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:22 pm

Bobby Higginson did in 2000. He had a solid line of .300/30HR/102RBI/15SB.

Young and Pena flirted with 30, Young had 29 and Pena had 27.
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:24 pm

I've heard that his knee is not right still. So I wouldn't take him
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:38 pm

I just traded him for Matt Clement in one of my deeper leagues; I thought that was quite the steal on my behalf.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheOmen » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:41 pm

I just traded him for Matt Clement in one of my deeper leagues; I thought that was quite the steal on my behalf.

Matt stinkin' Clement? :-t
TheOmen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:50 pm

Coppermine wrote:I just traded him for Matt Clement in one of my deeper leagues; I thought that was quite the steal on my behalf.

You got robbed.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:35 pm

Leiter Fan wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I dont think we will ever see the HR totals that he had in Chicago, but his average and RBI opps will certainly be there.

I have him close to 70 Rs, 25 HRs, 110 RBIs and hitting slightly above .300 with minimal SBs.

In most drafts I have seen he is severly underated.

His injury doesnt worry me very much at this point - he's had plenty of time to recover and has been playing regularly in the WBC and since then as well. There was one mention of a very minor flare up yesterday, but it wasnt anything serious.

Danny Knobler on Mlive.com wrote:But it sure seemed like the biggest thing bugging Leyland was that he felt he had made a mistake Sunday. He had Magglio Ordonez DH instead of play right field, and while Ordonez was sitting around between at-bats on a blustery day, he felt his knee stiffen up.

This wasn't a serious problem. Ordonez is fine. He worked out today, and he's on the schedule to go to Vero Beach tomorrow to play the Dodgers. But for a manager who prides himself on perfection (and one just coming off what he calls a ``six-year sabbatical''), this kind of mistake was unacceptable.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/weblog/inde ... tml#125230

i think those numbers are pretty reasonable, but not sure he'll crack 100 RBI's.

worries me too that he cant play in the cold

No one said he can't play in the cold. He can't DH in the cold - so what Leyland was saying is that Magglio suffers when he is forced to NOT PLAY when it is cold out.

I doubt Magglio will be called upon to DH very often, if ever.

(Of course, if the American League played real baseball - without any DH - this wouldn't be a concern at all. But that's an argument for another time).

i know, i know, i'm a Tigers fan, just venting my frustrations. he is kind of a wuss if he cant DH in the cold though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby curious_george_43545 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:00 pm

I think he will bounce back nicely this year. Somewhere around .300/25/100
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Leiter Fan » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:10 pm

I hope he does. I have him as my primary RF, backed up by Brad Wilkerson and Chone Figgins.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:34 pm

TheOmen wrote:

Matt stinkin' Clement? :-t

But for Maggs? I have a strong pitching staff already, and he's just insurance. Can't complain.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers