SP - Carlos Zambrano
RP - Brad Lidge
RP - Francisco Rodriguez
P - Derrick Trunbow
P - Bob Wickman

BEN - Tim Hudson
BEN - Chris Young
BEN - Joe Blanton

My 3 keepers in bold - we keep 1 offense, 1 pitcher and 1 of either. I won last year (and the year before) so I had last pick in the first round. I had Michael Young last year but decided to keep Crawford - Young went # 1 with the new draft.

I think my pitching is nasty - Oswalt & Zambrano are about as good of a 1-2 punch as I could hope. I also have Lidge and F Rod, 2 elite closers. I always go 4 relievers deep, then can package one later on to upgrade elsewhere. I predict a strong season for Hudson and there is a great upside Chris Young and Joe Blanton.

I'm not crazy about Loretta or Lugo, I got both late in the draft but they should do. Obviously a lot will hinge on the health of Jim Thome. I have Shea Hillenbrand to plug in if he falters. Nevin is another wild card - if he is healthy and batting cleanup in Texas - he could produce big. I think I have great balance - power, speed and average across the board. I think Hermida could push for ROY and potentially hit 20 bombs.

Comments? Suggestions? WHIR!!
Last edited by northjersey78 on Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.newyorksportstown.com

Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Rangers, Devils, Isanders, Knicks, Nets, Rutgers
northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bronxxbomber » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:46 am

I think you have a solid team, but I wonder with 10 teams that Hillenbrand and Nevin are the best hitters for your bench. One thing I know for sure is that you might be able to win whip, era, and saves every week. Good luck, hope you make it 4 in a row ;-D .
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby itodd » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:55 am

Lugo is decent at SS, but I would definately be trying to get someone better than Loretta at 2b (which seems to be the shallowest position this year)
itodd
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby northjersey78 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:03 pm

There are some decent waiver wire 2nd basemen available – Biggio, Bill Hall, Freel, Durham, Counsell…any one of them worth picking up and dropping Loretta? Biggio will be the everyday starter and bat leadoff for the Astros and should still provide some decent pop. Freel will be a huge boost in stolen bases, though it’s not certain if he will play full time – I am guessing 400 or so at bats. Suggestions?

northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Smee » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:49 pm

I'd stick with Loretta for now, but keep an eye on Hall and Freel. Neither has a clearly defined role so it would be hard to drop Loretta (in that Boston offense) for either one.

Overall you look pretty solid good luck on continued domination!
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheOmen » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:01 pm

You have a good shot for a threepeat. I think Lorretta is okay, but I really think you should add Freel, or better yet Hall. Hall will get his ABs, whether at SS, 2B or 3B. And I think Freel is the starter, unless I'm misinformed. At any rate, with that pitching, you will be near the top at the very least.

Help me:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=182450
TheOmen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blackmarketbaby » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:27 pm

Team looks good. Picking guys like Lugo and Loretta allowed you to build a deep rotation, so it's a net positive. Also, with losses as a category, very nice effort to avoid good pitchers on bad teams.

By the way, 78 blows, especially near 24 and Newark, if I'm getting the reference right.
blackmarketbaby
College Coach
College Coach

Postby northjersey78 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:31 pm

blackmarketbaby wrote:Team looks good. Picking guys like Lugo and Loretta allowed you to build a deep rotation, so it's a net positive. Also, with losses as a category, very nice effort to avoid good pitchers on bad teams.

By the way, 78 blows, especially near 24 and Newark, if I'm getting the reference right.

Yeah I took Loretta and Lugo late, which let me build around some other positions, so I am not worried that neither are studs. My pitchign overall I think is probably the strongest in the league top to bottom.

And yes, the reference is correct - abnd yes, 78 does blow near Newark and the airport. The 78 also doubles as the year I was born...

northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tal1286 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:48 pm

I would keep your team the way it is. Loretta isn't the best 2B but he is certainly a solid option. Lugo is good. your pitching is good.

Overall, solid team. I do agree however that your bench is pretty weak. you could do well to pick up a good OF who is available because who knows how Jim Edmonds will do injury wise and even what numbers he will put up. I'd like to have some insurance personally.

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby northjersey78 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:53 pm

tal1286 wrote:I would keep your team the way it is. Loretta isn't the best 2B but he is certainly a solid option. Lugo is good. your pitching is good.

Overall, solid team. I do agree however that your bench is pretty weak. you could do well to pick up a good OF who is available because who knows how Jim Edmonds will do injury wise and even what numbers he will put up. I'd like to have some insurance personally.

I am probably going to keep things the way they are at least for now. I agree Edmonds could be a health problem, though the latest reports say the elbow injury is not serious. I have Hermida and am banking on a solid season even though he is young and on a weak Marlins team. If Edmonds goes down, I could always slide Hermida into the outfield spot and start Nevin/ Hilenbrand in that utility position.

northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team