Yahoo Live Draft??? What's it like? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Live Draft??? What's it like?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby merc » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:09 pm

Thank you everyone for all the great help and advice!!!
This sounds like it is gonna be alot of fun.

Is the running list that Yahoo keeps searchable, or can you only select a player by finding him on the list?

That practice draft idea sounds like a very good idea...
Take Care,
merc
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby seancasey21 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:30 pm

beatdrum wrote:
seancasey21 wrote:out of respect for your fellow managers, don't have 15 things going on while you are drafting. As somebody has mentioned, taking the full 90 seconds is a pain for everybody else and if there are several taking the full time it can take all the fun out of it.

Screw that. If I need my 90 seconds, I'm taking my 90 seconds. You guys just need to learn a little patience. I don't mind people taking the full time, IF the drafter is using it to make a pick.

I wasn't saying that you should never take the full amount of time to make a pick if absolutely necessary. I suggested not having a bunch of other things going on which would cause you to take extra time. It's been my experience in general that those who are knowledgeable and prepared for the draft don't need 90 seconds to make a pick. They are spending the time in between their picks studying their options and filling up their queues.
seancasey21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mbuser » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:24 pm

chadlincoln wrote:Make a fake Yahoo ID and do a practice draft. You can always sign up for a league and be drafting within 45 minutes at any time during the day in Yahoo. I'd suggest doing 3-4 of these and try it out, since it doesn't cost you anything and you can get some practice in seeing where certain guys go and getting use to the Yahoo draft system.

you could do that unless you don't feel like creating dead teams in multiple yahoo leagues :-t
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Gwyddbwyll » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:30 pm

chadlincoln wrote:Make a fake Yahoo ID and do a practice draft. You can always sign up for a league and be drafting within 45 minutes at any time during the day in Yahoo. I'd suggest doing 3-4 of these and try it out, since it doesn't cost you anything and you can get some practice in seeing where certain guys go and getting use to the Yahoo draft system.

:-t :-t :-t
Gwyddbwyll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:48 pm

merc wrote:Thank you everyone for all the great help and advice!!!
This sounds like it is gonna be alot of fun.

Is the running list that Yahoo keeps searchable, or can you only select a player by finding him on the list?

That practice draft idea sounds like a very good idea...

You can't search, but you can change from Yahoo rankings to your own rankings or to alphabetical...so if you're having trouble finding someone just change it to alphabetical and you should have no trouble finding them.

Also remember to make sure you look down the list of players when thinking about your next picks because some players will slip your mind and may be under-ranked.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:53 pm

Its magical
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Payne Dailey » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:00 pm

nine circles of Hell
Payne Dailey