For those interested in the Brewers lineup... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

For those interested in the Brewers lineup...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:46 pm

Today's AZ Republic lists Bill Hall as the starting 3B, with no mention of Koskie.
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 5 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:06 pm

Judging by the spring, it looks like Brady Clark will try to steal a lot this year.

So is JJ Hardy a good fastball hitter?
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ender » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:11 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Today's AZ Republic lists Bill Hall as the starting 3B, with no mention of Koskie.

Its wrong, Koskie is the starting 3B. Hall will likely get the majority of the AB's against lefties and is the backup at 2B/SS and maybe sometimes CF.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:31 pm

Im really pretty suprised to see Hardy hitting 2nd instead of Weeks. I guess I never really thought about it too much though. On one hand you have Weeks who is better offensively in almost every aspect - speed, power, average, while on the other Hardy is certainly no slouch, but I dont ecxpect him to get on base nearly as often as Weeks. On top of that, wouldnt Weeks be more dangerous on the basepaths than Hardy as well? I can understand the power argument - that Weeks power will help with RBI's - but I just dont think it outweighs the difference that batting Weeks 2nd would bring.

Weeks hitting 2nd would bring more disruption to the defense IMO since he should get on base more and be more dangerous once on base as well. I know Im no Brewers expert, but this just doesnt make that much sence to me.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Slow Pitch » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:07 pm

Bill Hall should be a full-time player & he will be with in 6 weeks tops when Koskie goes down for an extended period of time.

Prince Fielder is going to have a great year.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers