For those interested in the Brewers lineup... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

For those interested in the Brewers lineup...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby j24jags » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:15 am

WittyC wrote:
Scooter1027 wrote:
warrick95 wrote:Ned Yost is a fool. What did Weeks do to hit 6th?

Well, in the article I posted, he said he believes that Weeks will have more RBI opportunities hitting 6th than 2nd, and that his power could be more valuable that way. I tend to agree. Hardy is more the prototypical #2, and I think you have to have Jenks/Lee at 3/4 at this point. So to me, it comes down to 5 or 6. Hitting Prince than Rickie gives you and overall R-R-L-R-L-R-L-R alternation, which is kind of nice.

Plus Weeks hit .239 last year. :-P Hardy wasn't much better... just like 10 points, but I just thought I'd point that out.

Should we assume that if Prince gets hot and Jenkins goes back to his .260 BA days that they would flip-flop in the lineup?

jj hit like .315 post ASB, he had trouble hitting when he first got started, but when he adjusted he hit very well
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:40 am

I was surprised that Weeks was at 6 too. I hope it pays off in the RBI category... :-o
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Inukchuk » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:44 am

This lineup really has me hoping Sheets can stay healthy all year. I'm not a big Brewers fan, but they're a great young LIKEABLE team that can really throw a monkey wrench into the NL Central. I'd love to see them play spoiler.
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Yoda » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:00 am

I would bat Hall/Koskie 2nd but that is just me. Hardy doesn't seem to have the on base skills or the speed to be hitting there.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ender » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:02 am

Hardy posted a .363 OBP after the all star break last year and he doesn't K much, he's an ok bunter and has good bat control and plate discipline. He makes a very good #2 hitter though I wish he did have a bit more speed.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Yoda » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:04 am

Ender wrote:Hardy posted a .363 OBP after the all star break last year and he doesn't K much, he's an ok bunter and has good bat control and plate discipline. He makes a very good #2 hitter though I wish he did have a bit more speed.

FWIW Hardy's career OBP in the minors is .336. I can understand why they are hitting him there I just don't think he is the best choice.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mak1277 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:32 am

Question for anyone "in the know" about the Brewers. I have read a few times that there is some potential for Corey Hart to platoon with Prince at first....is there any truth to this?
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Ender » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:34 am

Hart is the backup, I wouldn't call it a pure platoon though. I imagine Fielder will sit more than a normal full time player just because almost all rookies do sit a little extra, but Prince hits lefties decently so I don't think it will turn into a full blown platoon.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Re: For those interested in the Brewers lineup...

Postby UncleIvan » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:33 pm

Scooter1027 wrote:Now that the team is fine tuning for the season, the lineup has stayed consistent for some time now, and it seems to be set. I know there was some debate on this before, so I thought I'd post what it's been:

1. CF Brady Clark
2. SS JJ Hardy
3. RF Geoff Jenkins
4. LF Carlos Lee
5. 1B Prince Fielder
6. 2B Rickie Weeks
7. 3B Corey Koskie/Bill Hall
8. C Damian Miller

Hall has started against lefties in Koskie's spot in the lineup. Actually tonight, Hall is starting in CF and leading off. Basically I think he'll hit in whatever spot he's replacing (2nd for JJ, 6th for Rickie, etc)

nice post. thanks for the info ;-D
UncleIvan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Smee » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:18 pm

The Brewers are looking to have a bright future, there's a lot of young talant on that team.
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers