For those interested in the Brewers lineup... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

For those interested in the Brewers lineup...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

For those interested in the Brewers lineup...

Postby Scooter1027 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:12 am

Now that the team is fine tuning for the season, the lineup has stayed consistent for some time now, and it seems to be set. I know there was some debate on this before, so I thought I'd post what it's been:

1. CF Brady Clark
2. SS JJ Hardy
3. RF Geoff Jenkins
4. LF Carlos Lee
5. 1B Prince Fielder
6. 2B Rickie Weeks
7. 3B Corey Koskie/Bill Hall
8. C Damian Miller

Hall has started against lefties in Koskie's spot in the lineup. Actually tonight, Hall is starting in CF and leading off. Basically I think he'll hit in whatever spot he's replacing (2nd for JJ, 6th for Rickie, etc)
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j24jags » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:51 am

i was liking JJ a decent amount before, now i see he's hitting ahead of Geoff, Carlos and Prince I like him even more. He should put up a very solid amt. of runs. ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RynMan » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:00 am

That's a nice little offense. :-D ;-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby reynolds80 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:03 am

I like that offense a lot as well.

Especially in a division where the Cards and Stros will slip back, the Cubs are still going in circles with pitching injuries, the Reds are in transition, and the Pirates are still the Pirates.
reynolds80
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Scooter1027 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:24 am

Just found this too. It more or less confirms my original post.

Milwaukee Lineup (with other notes)
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby warrick95 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:27 am

Ned Yost is a fool. What did Weeks do to hit 6th?
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Scooter1027 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:54 am

warrick95 wrote:Ned Yost is a fool. What did Weeks do to hit 6th?

Well, in the article I posted, he said he believes that Weeks will have more RBI opportunities hitting 6th than 2nd, and that his power could be more valuable that way. I tend to agree. Hardy is more the prototypical #2, and I think you have to have Jenks/Lee at 3/4 at this point. So to me, it comes down to 5 or 6. Hitting Prince than Rickie gives you and overall R-R-L-R-L-R-L-R alternation, which is kind of nice.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby WittyC » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:34 am

Scooter1027 wrote:

Well, in the article I posted, he said he believes that Weeks will have more RBI opportunities hitting 6th than 2nd, and that his power could be more valuable that way. I tend to agree. Hardy is more the prototypical #2, and I think you have to have Jenks/Lee at 3/4 at this point. So to me, it comes down to 5 or 6. Hitting Prince than Rickie gives you and overall R-R-L-R-L-R-L-R alternation, which is kind of nice.

Plus Weeks hit .239 last year. :-P Hardy wasn't much better... just like 10 points, but I just thought I'd point that out.

Should we assume that if Prince gets hot and Jenkins goes back to his .260 BA days that they would flip-flop in the lineup?
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby glcmustliveon » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:47 am

Good stuff, I have both Hardy and weeks in my main keeper league, This only enhances BOTH their values, for Hardy its obvious it helps tremendously and I think that Weeks will probably lose some runs but gain at least that much in RBI's, do you think this will make Weeks run more or less?

"I hope he arouses the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul." --Ichiro Suzuki on Dice-K
glcmustliveon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Scooter1027 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:11 am

WittyC wrote:
Scooter1027 wrote:

Plus Weeks hit .239 last year. :-P Hardy wasn't much better... just like 10 points, but I just thought I'd point that out.

Should we assume that if Prince gets hot and Jenkins goes back to his .260 BA days that they would flip-flop in the lineup?

Well, in fairness, Rickie played 1/3 of last season with a torn ligament in his thumb. It clearly affected his swing (sometimes he'd just drop the bat behind him after a swing and miss). As far as Geoff, I don't know. In his 5 full, non-injury shortened seasons, he's had BAs of .313, .303, .296, .264, and .292. That's fairly consistent, and I'd like to think that .264 was an anomaly due to him pressing to hard (that year's team had nobody around him being post-sexson but pre-carlos). I think Geoff can hold the 3 spot this year.

As for glc's question, I would say yes, the 6 spot would probably result in fewer runs for Rickie.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers