ATTENTION! Message to those asking for sigs... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

ATTENTION! Message to those asking for sigs...

Moderators: deluxe_247, kimchi_chigae, Mookie4ever, Baseball Moderators

ATTENTION! Message to those asking for sigs...

Postby baseball6791 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:15 pm

I can only say for sure that I speak for myself here, but I am pretty sure that a number of the other artists here will agree with me. This is a message directed to those of you with few to no (all your posts come in the thread asking for a sig) posts asking for sigs. Making sigs/banners/logos/etc. takes time and effort for the artists. When we put our time and effort into making them we would like to know that it will be used and not go to waste. So for those of you who ask for sigs and have no track record at the cafe (for all we know you will take the sig and bolt, which has happened more than once) please realize that the chances of someone making you a sig aren't very high. Bumping your post 3 times in 2 days won't help much either :-°

*End rant*

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby the ROC » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:37 pm

someone should sticky this

I made a bet in 2003 that the Devil Rays would win the 2008 World Series. Oh so close.
the ROC
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Location: Defending my Baseball, Football, and Hockey Fantasy Championships

Postby chargersfan36 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:38 pm

amen. thank you.
chargersfan36
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby bojanglesmn » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:11 pm

2nd for the sticky.
bojanglesmn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby roseympr » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:23 pm

in agree...but ummm what does sticky mean??? ;-7

props to idahofan
roseympr
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bojanglesmn » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:43 pm

It stays at the very top of the page.
bojanglesmn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby espnsportsfan » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:20 am

I don't agree with this at all, some people are just new and have been very active. Take me for example, I am a seasoned veteran on forums and in fantasy leagues, i'm a mod at one forum and a very active member at several others. I also spend alot of time on my fantasy teams. I have only been a member for two days and already have about 30 posts.
My Fantasy Baseball Blog:http://sandlotsabermetrics.com
espnsportsfan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Spotter

Postby baseball6791 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:35 am

espnsportsfan wrote:I don't agree with this at all, some people are just new and have been very active. Take me for example, I am a seasoned veteran on forums and in fantasy leagues, i'm a mod at one forum and a very active member at several others. I also spend alot of time on my fantasy teams. I have only been a member for two days and already have about 30 posts.

Which is wonderful, and myself and the others here appreciate that you are active in the forums and are participating in discussion, but if you look at a lot of the recent requests they have been from people where it is there first post, or have maybe a few posts in other places.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RyanK » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:42 am

baseball6791 wrote:
espnsportsfan wrote:I don't agree with this at all, some people are just new and have been very active. Take me for example, I am a seasoned veteran on forums and in fantasy leagues, i'm a mod at one forum and a very active member at several others. I also spend alot of time on my fantasy teams. I have only been a member for two days and already have about 30 posts.

Which is wonderful, and myself and the others here appreciate that you are active in the forums and are participating in discussion, but if you look at a lot of the recent requests they have been from people where it is there first post, or have maybe a few posts in other places.

yes.. this is more of a general message.. majority of the posts come from people with < 5 posts... and sometimes ill make them if i dont have much on my plate.. but it does get outta control when people bump theres after a day or even an hr our two and with baseball season starting there will be alot of requests and people joining.. just hard to know whos gonna stick around or not and with only 4-5 artists constantly doing work thats a lot for us.. hopefully h0rt starts doing some again this summer and a few other guys

i also agree to the sticky
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:27 am

I agree to some extent. It's great that you're active and helping contribute to the forum. But being one of the artists that have made sigs for people who have hardly any posts and to see them just go to waste it's kind of disappointing. I had one of my favorite sigs made for someone about 2 months ago and he still is sitting with 15 posts Image . Also, there should be something about the sig request itself. As far as we only have 12k and some people are asking for 5+ people. I usually try to pounce on the ones where people are asking for 1 person or two from the same team because it's easier to blend, hence easier to keep under 12k. Trying to keep the request easy is the best way but some unique ideas are fun to do too. I'm not saying there should be a guideline to how many posts are needed to request a sig(as far as I'm concerned post counts are kind of silly, more about quality not quantity). I understand it's a new season and there's a lot of new people that found this place in time for their season this year. I think we as artists just need reassurance that the requester is going to stick around.

Now as far as the sticky, I'm not so sure this would get it, just because it's a rant, but if we talked to Arlo/Madison and put together a solid post about requesting sigs, I'm sure they'd be more than glad to put one up there.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests