Quick SPortlines Q'S - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Quick SPortlines Q'S

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Quick SPortlines Q'S

Postby CHE » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:18 pm

If you get aleague in cbs sportlines, you get the second at a discount. Im just wondering, if the league prize is still the same, if you join the second league at a discount??

second Q:

How does the league pay out, top 3???

Last Q:

How do they pay you if you win the league, do they mail you a check or do you have to send em info?? :*)
ThA KinG : 55 points - tied for first place
CHE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Quick SPortlines Q'S

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:49 am

CHE wrote:If you get aleague in cbs sportlines, you get the second at a discount. Im just wondering, if the league prize is still the same, if you join the second league at a discount??

second Q:

Last Q:

How do they pay you if you win the league, do they mail you a check or do you have to send em info?? :*)

1) yes, the prize is still the same
2) 1st place gets paid only
3) they send you a form which you have to fill out and get notarized (your bank will do this), then they send you a check. careful, depending on how much you win and your states tax rules you may have to claim your winnings come tax time. i won a $250 league ($1600 payout) and they sent me a tax statement, really screwed me on my taxes that year
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Re: Quick SPortlines Q'S

Postby CHE » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:19 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
CHE wrote:If you get aleague in cbs sportlines, you get the second at a discount. Im just wondering, if the league prize is still the same, if you join the second league at a discount??

second Q:

Last Q:

1) yes, the prize is still the same
2) 1st place gets paid only
3) they send you a form which you have to fill out and get notarized (your bank will do this), then they send you a check. careful, depending on how much you win and your states tax rules you may have to claim your winnings come tax time. i won a $250 league ($1600 payout) and they sent me a tax statement, really screwed me on my taxes that year

Thanxs, im from canada so it shouldnt matter for taxes. Only first place gets paid is pretty hurting though :-t
CHE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CHE » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:46 pm

Hey, I just joined a AL only league. My first league in CBS and its pretty screwed up. I dont even know if its a H2H league or Roto :-o . Anyone know where it tells you, all it says is its a 5x5 in the detail section :-t
CHE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:54 pm

CHE wrote:Hey, I just joined a AL only league. My first league in CBS and its pretty screwed up. I dont even know if its a H2H league or Roto :-o . Anyone know where it tells you, all it says is its a 5x5 in the detail section :-t

if it says 5x5 it's Roto...unless they've changed something, their H2H is points based, not like Yahoo's category based H2H

also saw you were from Canada, i'd read the fine print to make sure you are elegible for the cash prize.

also, for Roto you only get 2 bench spots which can be pretty frusturating
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby CHE » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:00 pm

*CBS SportsLine.com Fantasy Baseball Gold is open to registered users of a qualified CBS network site, 18 years of age or older who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (for purposes of clarity, Puerto Rico is expressly excluded), Washington D.C. and Canada (excluding Quebec) PLEASE NOTE: Notwithstanding the foregoing: (i) eligible legal residents of Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Montana, and Vermont may play Fantasy Baseball Gold or Fantasy Baseball Silver, but are not eligible to win any prizes; and (ii) in all events you must be eighteen (18) years of age or older (if the age of majority in a jurisdiction is over 18, you must be of the age of majority within your jurisdiction) in order to win any prizes.

Does that mean, i get paid if i win or no???
CHE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:27 pm

CHE wrote:*CBS SportsLine.com Fantasy Baseball Gold is open to registered users of a qualified CBS network site, 18 years of age or older who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (for purposes of clarity, Puerto Rico is expressly excluded), Washington D.C. and Canada (excluding Quebec) PLEASE NOTE: Notwithstanding the foregoing: (i) eligible legal residents of Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Montana, and Vermont may play Fantasy Baseball Gold or Fantasy Baseball Silver, but are not eligible to win any prizes; and (ii) in all events you must be eighteen (18) years of age or older (if the age of majority in a jurisdiction is over 18, you must be of the age of majority within your jurisdiction) in order to win any prizes.

Does that mean, i get paid if i win or no???

assuming your 18 and dont live in Quebec, you should be fine
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CHE » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:43 pm

alright, thats what i though.. :-° :-°
CHE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to General Talk