Deal or No Deal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Deal or No Deal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby daullaz » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:49 am

warrick95 wrote:I saw the beginning of one episode where there was this crazy female reverend going nuts on everyone, especially this gay guy. And there was someone scheming to tell them that he had testicular cancer. I flipped channels for good after a commercial came on.

Anyway, I think I understand the game. Since I a. don't want to keep on losing money after the clock comes on and b. do not find myself to be a very lovable, adorable, sexy, appealing, daunting, convincing, persuasive, etc. person, why doesn't everybody agree to draw a name out of a hat? Random chance to win...I'll gladly take a 1 in 12 or whatever shot of winning a million instead of watching my money freaking slip away as I attempt to convince everyone to give me the money. Since there's a huge risk of losing money, I have no clue why others don't feel the same way.

Different show, I believe. That one didn't look appealing at all to me.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 129)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:42 am

Best show on tv by far. Howie is great. Best game show ever. A million times better then who wants to be a millionaire.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby warrick95 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:31 pm

daullaz wrote:
warrick95 wrote:I saw the beginning of one episode where there was this crazy female reverend going nuts on everyone, especially this gay guy. And there was someone scheming to tell them that he had testicular cancer. I flipped channels for good after a commercial came on.

Anyway, I think I understand the game. Since I a. don't want to keep on losing money after the clock comes on and b. do not find myself to be a very lovable, adorable, sexy, appealing, daunting, convincing, persuasive, etc. person, why doesn't everybody agree to draw a name out of a hat? Random chance to win...I'll gladly take a 1 in 12 or whatever shot of winning a million instead of watching my money freaking slip away as I attempt to convince everyone to give me the money. Since there's a huge risk of losing money, I have no clue why others don't feel the same way.

Different show, I believe. That one didn't look appealing at all to me.

Yeha, you're right. I forget the name of the other show. It wasn't that appealing to me, either.

Now I remember what Deal or No Deal is. It's the one with the cases. A good old lottery...what a gerat idea for a show, lol.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:48 pm

I can easily say that I have never felt dumber in my life after watching Deal or No Deal. It's mindless, stupid, requires no talent or skill and provides somewhere between little and no entertainment. Now, I must be retarded or something because this show is huge. Everyone's watching, everyone loves it; why? Because it's on TV? I mean, Millionaire was annoying, but I enjoyed it because it required some kind of contestant skill. This is absolutely mindless. Maybe that's the appeal though, I don't know. Most people suck at trivia anyway; why bother learning? Why bother being smart to win money? We can just pick suitcases! It's so cliche too, with the drawn out suspense, the ridiculously long commercial breaks and the hot chicks with numbered suitcases. "Yes, hot girls!" I can't find those anywhere else... :-t
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:49 pm

HOOTIE wrote:Best show on tv by far. Howie is great. Best game show ever. A million times better then who wants to be a millionaire.

Dude, hootie... you are kidding, right?
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk