Deal or No Deal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Deal or No Deal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Deal or No Deal

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:01 pm

I love this show. I hate the commercial breaks. Anyone else addicted to this show?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:06 pm

I started a thread for this back when it was the 1-week special, and everybody basically said they'd rather have their eyes pryed out with a spoon than watch it... }:-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 377)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:11 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I started a thread for this back when it was the 1-week special, and everybody basically said they'd rather have their eyes pryed out with a spoon than watch it... }:-)

i watched one episode a while back and yeah, that sums up how i feel about it. i just cant stomach a bald Howie Mandell :-P
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:22 pm

It isn't that bad. Watching stupid people lose money is the main attraction but it is already getting old.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby Pacman » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:16 pm

They should rename the show "Randomly Opening Boxes".
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:28 pm

I watched it last night and enjoyed it. I thought it was sad, the contestant woman basically says her and her husband want kids but they can't make it happen (kind of embarassing thing to say on TV if you ask me), and they want to buy fertility treatment with the money they win. So later he offers her $90,000 just to walk away, and she says no deal... then she blows it and the offer goes way down... she says no deal... the offer gets even lower... and eventually she gets like $36,000, which is basically $18,000 after taxes... sad.

That second contest, the army guy was SO obnoxious. I was rooting for him to lose. I thought it was funny that he was giving Howie "the knuckles" after each chest was opened, because its common knowledge that Howie Mandel is a HUGE germaphobe and refuses to shake anyone's hands :-D
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:38 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:I watched it last night and enjoyed it. I thought it was sad, the contestant woman basically says her and her husband want kids but they can't make it happen (kind of embarassing thing to say on TV if you ask me), and they want to buy fertility treatment with the money they win. So later he offers her $90,000 just to walk away, and she says no deal... then she blows it and the offer goes way down... she says no deal... the offer gets even lower... and eventually she gets like $36,000, which is basically $18,000 after taxes... sad.

That second contest, the army guy was SO obnoxious. I was rooting for him to lose. I thought it was funny that he was giving Howie "the knuckles" after each chest was opened, because its common knowledge that Howie Mandel is a HUGE germaphobe and refuses to shake anyone's hands :-D
Ya, that guy was annoying. It was nice to see him lose the million early.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:15 pm

I wouldn't say I'm addicted by any means, but I've watched it a few times when nothing better has been on. There's no skill to it at all, but I find the most interesting thing is just seeing how ballsy they are. Anyway, it's ok.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:19 pm

Pacman wrote:They should rename the show "Randomly Opening Boxes".

oh man, that's great
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby RugbyD » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:20 pm

the idea is interesting, but its tough to sit through b/c the deals offered are always bad in a pure mathematical sense. all it comes down to is whether or not the deal would materially change someone's life. Without knowing anything about contestant finances, we have no way to judge their judgement. of course this is no fun b/c we all know how much we love yelling at people on Wheel of Fortune :-D
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk