Poor Armando... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Poor Armando...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:23 pm

hahah in my 10 team league he was a keeper for someone...worst team ever.

Worrell has issues too

Not looking good for SF
GO rox's
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:31 pm

acsguitar wrote:hahah in my 10 team league he was a keeper for someone...worst team ever.

Worrell has issues too

Not looking good for SF
GO rox's

Foulke has pitched three 1-2-3 innings this Spring and supposedly looks really good. One more good performance from Foulke or bad performance from Benitez and I'm dropping Benitez and picking up Foulke. Foulke won't be available for long.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:56 pm

josebach wrote:
acsguitar wrote:hahah in my 10 team league he was a keeper for someone...worst team ever.

Worrell has issues too

Not looking good for SF
GO rox's

Foulke has pitched three 1-2-3 innings this Spring and supposedly looks really good. One more good performance from Foulke or bad performance from Benitez and I'm dropping Benitez and picking up Foulke. Foulke won't be available for long.

I can't believe he's available at all. He's looked real good, you're right. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby cordscords » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:42 pm

Matthias wrote:
cordscords wrote:It's ST.

Granted, that outing was ugly, I still have him projocted for an ERA of 2.75 and a 1.10 WHIP.

does that mean that you modified your projections? or you have your pre-spring training projections and are still sticking to them? (not being sarcastic, asking seriously).

but christmas tree closers don't last very long. even if it is only st #'s.

Nothing has been modified. He's been around the game long enough, and has produced enough fantasy wise for me to change my projections over 1.1 innings lousy innings.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

Postby josebach » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:00 pm

cordscords wrote:
Matthias wrote:

Granted, that outing was ugly, I still have him projocted for an ERA of 2.75 and a 1.10 WHIP.

does that mean that you modified your projections? or you have your pre-spring training projections and are still sticking to them? (not being sarcastic, asking seriously).

Nothing has been modified. He's been around the game long enough, and has produced enough fantasy wise for me to change my projections over 1.1 innings lousy innings.

Normally I would agree with this line of thinking, but I don't believe Benitez is purposely not throwing hard nor do I believe he is purposely not trying to strike people out.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Jury » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:06 pm

josebach wrote:

Worrell has issues too

Not looking good for SF
GO rox's

I'd make the move before you get to the end of this message.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby josebach » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:28 pm

The Jury wrote:
josebach wrote:

Worrell has issues too

Not looking good for SF
GO rox's

I'd make the move before you get to the end of this message.

I had already done it. I figured I'd better do it before anybody else in the league reads yesterday's box scores. I hated to drop Benitez, but I really think Foulke is the lesser of two evils.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Matthias » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:30 pm

josebach wrote:
cordscords wrote:
Matthias wrote:

Normally I would agree with this line of thinking, but I don't believe Benitez is purposely not throwing hard nor do I believe he is purposely not trying to strike people out.

Particularly since the team that lit him up was the Royals. Getting tagged by the Bo Sox or the bombers is one thing... but... ouch.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Jury » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:58 pm

Matthias wrote:
josebach wrote:
cordscords wrote:
Matthias wrote:

Particularly since the team that lit him up was the Royals. Getting tagged by the Bo Sox or the bombers is one thing... but... ouch.

It doesn't really matter what team it is. If you're not pitching well, anyone battling for a Major League roster spot can hit a fat pitch.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stumpak » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:12 pm

Does anyone know the story with Worrell in term of his mental alignment for this year? He was out for the bulk of last season with supposed "personal problems", but had been a reliable if unspectacular RP over the preceeding seasons.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers