Another ST Boston brawl- Tavarez vs. Gathright - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Another ST Boston brawl- Tavarez vs. Gathright

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DGroundhog » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:06 am

I was just thinking if his hand was open it'd be a slap instead of a punch. Gathright got pitch-slappped by Tavarez.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:36 am

DGroundhog wrote:pitch-slappped by Tavarez.

LOL!! :-D
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby thedude » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:43 am

DGroundhog wrote:I was just thinking if his hand was open it'd be a slap instead of a punch. Gathright got pitch-slappped by Tavarez.

It wasn't much of a punch, it looks like he got hit by the bottom of Tavarez's hand.

thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Big Papi's Pimps » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:46 am

Admittedly, it was a pretty bush-league play on Tavarez' part. I can only think he's just trying to make an impression during the preseason, but it is still no excuse. I would'n't be surprised to see a 15 game suspension.

Pimpin' Aint Easy!!!
Big Papi's Pimps
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Chicago RedSox » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:02 am

I've seen enough of Tavaras...the guys an embarassment. If I was on the redsox, I would of stood there at my position (prob 3b) and let TB beat him up for a while. "You started it, now your going to finish it."

BTW that Pitch-Slap comment was priceless. ;-D
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Matthias » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:44 pm

ok. this is a few days later, but still the most interesting thing i read about the whole shindig (off of the blog of some d-rays fan):

Turns out Gathright is a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, having studied the Korean martial art from ages 8 to 18, before stopping after he got drafted to play baseball.
"Well, I've seen Gathright do some sort of ninja kick over this dude's head who was 6-foot-7 -- this roundhouse kick -- over his head just to show he can do it," Jonny Gomes said. "Yeah, I guess you can call [Tavarez] lucky."
Damon Hollins agreed Tavarez got off easy.
"Julian is a little bit lucky he didn't use none of that stuff on him," Hollins said. "We'll wait for the next time for him to break some of that karate stuff out -- if there is a next time."
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:47 pm

Matthias wrote:ok. this is a few days later, but still the most interesting thing i read about the whole shindig (off of the blog of some d-rays fan):

Turns out Gathright is a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, having studied the Korean martial art from ages 8 to 18, before stopping after he got drafted to play baseball.
"Well, I've seen Gathright do some sort of ninja kick over this dude's head who was 6-foot-7 -- this roundhouse kick -- over his head just to show he can do it," Jonny Gomes said. "Yeah, I guess you can call [Tavarez] lucky."
"Julian is a little bit lucky he didn't use none of that stuff on him," Hollins said. "We'll wait for the next time for him to break some of that karate stuff out -- if there is a next time."

That would be entertaining. An all out karate match on a baseball diamond. 8-o
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Strasil42 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:48 pm

Man the red sox are always fighting it seems like.

I remember a bunch of red sox/tampa fights last year as well.

Hopefully they are smart enough to not throw at yankees though. Farnsworth will destory them.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thedude » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:50 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Matthias wrote:ok. this is a few days later, but still the most interesting thing i read about the whole shindig (off of the blog of some d-rays fan):

That would be entertaining. An all out karate match on a baseball diamond. 8-o

Too bad Izzy Alcantra never stuck with the big league club, we could have had a nice sparing match.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Matthias » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:06 pm

Strasil42 wrote:Man the red sox are always fighting it seems like.

I remember a bunch of red sox/tampa fights last year as well.

Hopefully they are smart enough to not throw at yankees though. Farnsworth will destory them.

give the sox-hating some rest.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers