Finally my big money team! Questionable pictching staff?WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Finally my big money team! Questionable pictching staff?WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Finally my big money team! Questionable pictching staff?WHIR

Postby MaggsIsMint » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:26 pm

This is a 10 team 6x6 H2H league with TB and L as the extra categories. League should be prety competitive. I am trying to explore a trade for another closer, a 3B or another starter. I really like my offense. What do you guys think?

c Mauer
1b- Lee
2b- Kent
3b- Hillenbrand
SS- Furcal
OF- Crawford
OF- Matsui
OF- Ordonez
Util- Howard
BN- Johjima, Freel, Fielder

SP- Halladay
SP- Cabrera
SP- Lowry
RP- Gagne
RP- F. Cordero
P- Heilman
P- Young
BN- Capuano

I feel I have enough speed and power to be competitive every week. I have a high risk pitching staff with Prior and Gagne but both of those guys are dominant when healthy and Halladay will anchor the staff every week. I have some nice young arms that should improve this year as well in Lowry, Young and Cabrera. I know I am weak at 3rd base but not to worried yet as I could pick up Hillenbrand off the waiver wire to be a solid every day player.

What does everyone else think of this team? What kind of player should I be going after in a trade right now??
Last edited by MaggsIsMint on Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaggsIsMint
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby naniwa » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:33 pm

In a 10 team league with what appears is limited bench spots, there's no need to keep two catchers. I'd cut one. The free agent pool should have some talent.

I would trade Prior. I am avoiding him in every league. Too high risk and I don't see him being healthy all year.

As for your need to improve your closers, 3B, and starters. I agree on some. Your 3B seems fine with Beltre. He seems like he'll have a good year. Not 48 HRs good, but 30 is possible. Orvella looks like he's not going to close, so you could offer Young and Orvella to another team. I would also offer Prior around.
naniwa
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MaggsIsMint » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:38 pm

naniwa wrote:In a 10 team league with what appears is limited bench spots, there's no need to keep two catchers. I'd cut one. The free agent pool should have some talent.

I would trade Prior. I am avoiding him in every league. Too high risk and I don't see him being healthy all year.

As for your need to improve your closers, 3B, and starters. I agree on some. Your 3B seems fine with Beltre. He seems like he'll have a good year. Not 48 HRs good, but 30 is possible. Orvella looks like he's not going to close, so you could offer Young and Orvella to another team. I would also offer Prior around.

I really didnt want Prior either but he slipped so far (9th round) that I couldn't pass him up.

Beltre will be really good value if he does what you think he will. Just curious as to why you think he is gonna have a better year?
MaggsIsMint
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bp122 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:27 pm

Great lineup, especially if Beltre comes through. Your hitting will easily compete every week. I agree about your catching. Either drop Johjima for a SP with some potential or trade him to someone that has a big need at catcher. SP is definitely the area where you need an upgrade so see what you can do there either through a trade or free agency.

Please rate mine,

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=181471
bp122
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MaggsIsMint » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:12 pm

bp122 wrote:Great lineup, especially if Beltre comes through. Your hitting will easily compete every week. I agree about your catching. Either drop Johjima for a SP with some potential or trade him to someone that has a big need at catcher. SP is definitely the area where you need an upgrade so see what you can do there either through a trade or free agency.

Please rate mine,

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=181471

The thing about Johjima is that if he can have a similar impact to what Ichiro and Matsui did when they came to N.A. then he will have great value, especially as a catcher so it wouldn't make any sense to trade him now. I am planning on holding on to him as long as I can afford to and then trade him or even Mauer by early June for someone who will really need a catcher.
MaggsIsMint
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bosoxrock34 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:34 pm

if you think johima will have value then u need to hold onto him but he wont start with mauer at C with so little bench spots i imagine there has to be alot of talent on ww. give a list. so we better know what is available.
bosoxrock34
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MaggsIsMint » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:16 pm

I have long since dropped johjima and nobody has picked him up so it seems the previous posts were accurate about the value of catchers and/or I overestimated Johjima.

My team also looks a lot different and better now after I survived a very frustrating first 2 months that were filled with star player after star player landing on the DL.

Cheers
MaggsIsMint
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team