Halladay not pitching in All-Star game. Great! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Halladay not pitching in All-Star game. Great!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Halladay not pitching in All-Star game. Great!

Postby DanteNoX » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:20 pm

And by great i mean :~(

The horrible part of all this is I COMPLETELY agree with the Jays manager on requesting he doesn't pitch. Playing on 3 days rest just to get your ace in against a division rival (yanks), and then playing the game after the break against your other one (sox), is an applaudable effort by Halladay.

The all-star game just keeps getting better and better. Unfortunately, you have to GET to the world series to have the outcome of the game mean anything. And getting there still is (and should be!) the top priority for every team.
Yankees for life
DanteNoX
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:12 pm

whats the big deal? Blue Jays dont feel as they need to play for home field advantage for the WS? They have a good shot at making the playoffs and they want one of the AL's best pitchers not to pitch for them now? Dont let him go if he cant be used. Replace him with Pedro. Or Clemens outta respect. Not to mention Clemens numbers arent that bad. Not much worse than Zito's. They have to throw on the side in between starts anyway. Why not pitch an inning on 3 days rest for their side work? If i was the AL manager and some team came to me and told me not to pitch their pitcher.. He'd be going home just as the way Chacon cant be on the allstar team for the NL for being on the DL. K.Brown cant play.. so K.Brown isnt going from last i heard on ESPN radio. Halladay better not go if he cant pitch because the Blue Jays dont want him to.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Halladay not pitching in All-Star game. Great!

Postby wrveres » Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:25 pm

DanteNoX wrote:And by great i mean :~(

The horrible part of all this is I COMPLETELY agree with the Jays manager on requesting he doesn't pitch. Playing on 3 days rest just to get your ace in against a division rival (yanks), and then playing the game after the break against your other one (sox), is an applaudable effort by Halladay.

The all-star game just keeps getting better and better. Unfortunately, you have to GET to the world series to have the outcome of the game mean anything. And getting there still is (and should be!) the top priority for every team.

;-D They should let Maroth pitch ...
1) I'd like to see him have a team around him for once.
2) It won't look so bad when the NL starts launching shots. Big Huge Montrous Shots. 475-500 ft ... Then we can all listen to Gammons say, "What did ya expect from a Detroit Pitcher, If Pedro had a been there .... ... "
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:00 am

i should work for Baseball Tonight. Glad to hear them say the same things i said about Halladay not being able to pitch in the Allstar game. Send him home if he's not able.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers