Who to wait for? #1 Waiver priority... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Who to wait for? #1 Waiver priority...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bigken117 » Sun May 07, 2006 10:21 pm

Steve-o wrote:
MadMobius wrote:steve-o (love the name)...

one guy that you don't have on here that may be really close is Cole Hamels. I know he has big injury concerns but the numbers he is putting up right now for Scranton/Wilkes is unreal and Philly has some starters that look like complete garbage right now. This is a guy that would be "waiver" worthy in my opinion...

I actually don't think pitchers are usually worth #1 priority in a keeper. Love to hear if anyone disagrees with that though.

ask the guy who used his #1 on Felix last season...

Granted Felix is special, but with Kendrick's initial struggles, and Hamels' and Billingsley's dominance (plus I'm loaded at 2B) I passed on Kendrick with my high waiver and am waiting for their pending call up.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby barakaxaxa » Sun May 14, 2006 1:28 am

Regarding Yahoo! eligibility...Kendrick, Upton, and Drew are all currently available.

Of the others you listed, it depends on your needs at each position. All things being equal, I'd lean towards Billingsley.
barakaxaxa
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby L.T. Rice » Sun May 14, 2006 8:50 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. I took Hamels before his gem on Friday, hopefully he does well against Millwaukee this week.
L.T. Rice
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball