This actually happened and I had to post it. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

This actually happened and I had to post it.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Phatferd » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:31 am

RyanK wrote:
Phatferd wrote:I had a funny thing happen while I was at the bank this weekend.

I was in my local Washington Mutual first in line (1 teller) behind the current customer. It was a black lady with bright pink nails and they were extremely long, they were curling because they were so long.

Anyways, her phone rings while in line and she answers it and proceeds to have this conversation. It turns out to be a producer for the Jerry Springer show and she tells him that she hasn't been on the show since 2001 and that she would come back on, but this will be the last time. I take a closer look and she is actually a dude. They began discussing money as she wrapped up her transaction and walked out.

most the people on the show arent the real people.. its actors

OK, so she/he was either an actor or a real person who was going on the show. It still makes it one of the strangest 10 minutes of my life.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sticky Spice » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:05 am

Great stuff guys.

I had a funny one at Kmart leading up to Christmas. A lady was challenging the fact that her two Mary Kate & Ashley fragrances didn't ring up right. She said "They're supposed to be buy one get one free." After much deliberation with a person on the floor running over then the clerk running to the frangrances to check the sign etc she came back and said...

"I'm sorry, only the Mary Kate & Ashley beauty products are buy one get one free. The frangrances are just 50% off. Do you want them anyway?"

The customer, after MORE deliberation said "Yeah, I guess I'll get them anyway."

Since I wasn't in their line I wasn't compelled to scream at them, although I seem to recall my line not moving during this entire thing and I was far too entertained to care.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:47 am

Sticky Spice wrote:Great stuff guys.

I had a funny one at Kmart leading up to Christmas. A lady was challenging the fact that her two Mary Kate & Ashley fragrances didn't ring up right. She said "They're supposed to be buy one get one free." After much deliberation with a person on the floor running over then the clerk running to the frangrances to check the sign etc she came back and said...

"I'm sorry, only the Mary Kate & Ashley beauty products are buy one get one free. The frangrances are just 50% off. Do you want them anyway?"

The customer, after MORE deliberation said "Yeah, I guess I'll get them anyway."

Since I wasn't in their line I wasn't compelled to scream at them, although I seem to recall my line not moving during this entire thing and I was far too entertained to care.

idiots...they probably still think they were ripped off

reminds me of an radio interview i heard with Ken Camaniti where they asked him about steriod use in baseball and asked him if he thought the number of players who used was around 50%. Ken said something to the effect of "no, it's not as high as 50%, i wouldnt even say it's half the players..." :-/
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:56 am

Geez, I haven't walked into a bank in years.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:17 pm

RyanK wrote:

I was in my local Washington Mutual first in line (1 teller) behind the current customer. It was a black lady with bright pink nails and they were extremely long, they were curling because they were so long.

Anyways, her phone rings while in line and she answers it and proceeds to have this conversation. It turns out to be a producer for the Jerry Springer show and she tells him that she hasn't been on the show since 2001 and that she would come back on, but this will be the last time. I take a closer look and she is actually a dude. They began discussing money as she wrapped up her transaction and walked out.

Don't shatter my illusions! 8-o

Good story, Zig. ;-D

Was she hot? You failed to mention..
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:22 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
RyanK wrote:

Good story, Zig. ;-D

8-o She was a DUDE.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:31 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:
RyanK wrote:

Good story, Zig. ;-D

8-o She was a DUDE.

I don't think you read the whole story Crum...

...or maybe he did... :-?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:27 pm

Oops... I was commenting on two things in one post.

1) Springer is not fake! ;-)

2) Inquiring about the hotness of the girl from Zig's story. Didn't actually read the story about Springer. Guess I should have before I quoted it, eh? :-D

Nope, cross-dressing dudes are not on my menu, thanks. :-b
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby RyanK » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:56 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Oops... I was commenting on two things in one post.

1) Springer is not fake! ;-)

2) Inquiring about the hotness of the girl from Zig's story. Didn't actually read the story about Springer. Guess I should have before I quoted it, eh? :-D

Nope, cross-dressing dudes are not on my menu, thanks. :-b

lol.. i think ill argue #1 with you B-) (im a regular on the show.. you know the white guy who lives in a trailer and supposibly has about 5 wifes, so they think)

and the cross dressing dudes.. i meet a fine lady called simulacrum.. she did have a very masculin build to her now that i thnk about it... ;-7
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:47 pm

RyanK wrote:lol.. i think ill argue #1 with you B-) (im a regular on the show.. you know the white guy who lives in a trailer and supposibly has about 5 wifes, so they think)

Wha? You've gotta be pulling my leg here. :-?

and the cross dressing dudes.. i meet a fine lady called simulacrum.. she did have a very masculin build to her now that i thnk about it... ;-7

Doh! I'm busted! :-b
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk