Need 2 guys - Draft is today - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Need 2 guys - Draft is today

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need 2 guys - Draft is today

Postby lefty31mazur » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:36 pm

Ok fellas we have 2 spots left.
So far everyone who has joined this league has a pretty good reputation as avid fantasy gamers... everyone checks their teams several times a day. The league has half of the guys from my Belton Baseball league and the other half are players from the league I commished last year. We are looking for 2 more who have fantasy baseball skills.

We are going 7x7, we added SLG, OBP, K/BB, CG...so don't be fooled by the Yahoo rankings. The Yahoo rankings are based upon 5x5 stats. So control pitchers like Carlos Silva (he only walked 9 batters in 188 innings last year) should have just a little more value in this league because of his K/BB ratio. Pitchers who are nasty and accurate will clean up in this category. Complete games are huge! Being able to go the distance can really help a team by giving the bullpen the day off and limiting opposition from getting experience against those pitchers... not to mention it also keeps a teams worst relief pitcher off the field that day and it will likely keep him off the mound the next couple of days unless the score is one sided. As a former minor leaguer I feel it is a pretty good selection as the 7th stat. There are not very many CG's these days so often this category will result in a tie. OBP should expose some free swingers like Ivan Rodriguez (He only managed to get 11 BB last year) and add a little value to players who are actually difficult to get out. SLG will give the power and doubles hitters the credit they deserve as well.
I'm pretty happy with the set-up we have. I don't like having negative stat catagories like losses or caught stealing because they give fantasy managers motivation to bench their players at the end of the week. Caught stealing is not a very good fantasy stat because stealing 30 bases will help your team win just as much as getting caught stealing about 10 times will hurt your team...that is ironic when stealing a base at 75% success is considered to be good in the real game. You are probably better off with a fantasy team that has power hitters that are too slow to even attempt a sb in that kind of league. Total bases is another bad stat for head to head...starting pitchers who pitch a lot of innings will always have high tb totals. I prefer the idea of going 7x7 because these are important stats. Also Saves and Stolenbases are notoriously over rated in 5x5 fantasy ball (20% of a players value). In this 7x7 format saves and stolenbases only represent 14% of a players value...so I've put plenty of thought into the setup. We are also only going 250 players deep (10 teams, 25 man rosters) so your ability to consistently find the best free agents will be a big factor. This should be a very active league.

Yahoo League ID#:

League Name:
Fantasy World Series 2006

Password:
fastball

Season Type:
Full

Draft Type:
Live Draft

Draft Time:
Sun Mar 26 11:30am PST

Max Teams:

Scoring Type:
Head-to-Head

Player Universe:
All baseball

Max Moves:
No maximum

Max Trades:
No maximum

Trade Reject Time:

Trade End Date:
August 27, 2006

Waiver Time:
2 days

Can't Cut List Provider:
Yahoo! Sports

Trade Review:
Commissioner

Post Draft Players:
Follow Waiver Rules

Min Innings Pitched:

Weekly Deadline:
Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on:
Week 1

Roster Positions:
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, DL

Stat Categories:
R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG, W, CG, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB
lefty31mazur
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds