1B Morneau (keeper)
2B Iguchi
3B Ramirez (keeper)
SS Furcal (keeper)
MI Ellis
CI Chipper (keeper)
OF Bay (keeper), Tracy, Drew, Baldelli, Rios
U N. Johnson
P Sheets (keeper), Buehrle, Mulder, Chacin, E. Santana, Pavano, Izzy (keeper), Linebrink, Orvella
Bench Klesko, S. Olsen, Thomson
ML Milledge, Quentin, Granderson, Pedroia, Bourn
wkpdpack
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby afraudsdirty » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:10 am

Pack, who else is on the WW besides Rios, Chacin, Pavano. I don't expect much from those guys.

Are guys like Gibbons or Sullivan out there. I like them better than Rios. He's a rightie (only seems to hit well against lefties...fewer goiod matchups). Shandler is High on Gibbons this year. Godd lefty splits (what you want from a bench player). Also Sully in Colorado. He's got some pop and is a SB thread also. He is also a lefty who you can play against righties and at home in Colorado.

As for Pitchers...is Bedard (Mazzone) or Seo (Good WBC and pitchers park) available. Or would you want to take a chance on Olly Perez.
afraudsdirty
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wkpdpack » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:52 am

All the guys you mentioned have been drafted. Remember, this is a 14 team league with 3 bench spots on each team so the waiver wire is pretty slim pickins.
wkpdpack
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wkpdpack » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:08 pm

I only get 6 free moves throughout the season to make waiver wire pickups so I don't want to make a lot of changes right now. I can bring Granderson up if I want at any time and not count it as a free move. However, once he comes off my ML roster he'll stay on my major one and if I want to keep him he'd have to be one of my 7 keepers at the end of the year.

I will also more than likely have Sheets on the DL and possibly Pavano and Baldelli at the start of the season so I will get one free pickup for sure in place of Sheets.

Waiver wire-Niekro, Hinski, G. Matthews, Erstad, O. Hudson, Teahan, Hatteberg, M. Diaz, Towers, Duchscherer, M. Batista, Snell, V. Zambrano are some of the top guys
wkpdpack
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DaveClay12 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:13 pm

Can you compete? Of course... You've got the requisite amount of studs - Bay, Sheets, Ramirez, and I love Tracy and Morneau.

You are, however, pretty weak up the middle, which is hard to make up for, b/c those are the weakest positions. I wouldn't make any moves right now... if you only have 6 free ones, wait and see what happens (keep an eye on Snell and Florida's staff, though).

So, in summation, I like your team, but there are weaknesses, just like 99% of all fantasy teams.

If you get a chance:

http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1446429#1446429
DaveClay12
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jonesboyz » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:42 pm

a great hitting team for a 14-team league. To me, ur weak link looks like iguchi.

ur pitching looks ok. Buehrle and Mulder are your only strong spots.
jonesboyz Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby lbbaseball14 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:33 pm

Sorry it took so long for me to respond back :-o but here is my opinion on your team... thanks for giving me your opionion on mine.

I really like Pierzynski to be solid at catcher this year... he's in a good lineup at a good hitters park and his avg could very easily creep up to around 270-280 with a little less power.

Looking at the rest of your team it looks great if it stays healthy but you've got a little bit of risk involved this year so you might need a little luck to pull it out. I also think Bay's production may drop a little bit this year.

A-Ram, Drew, Baldelli, and Chipper need to stay healthy the whole year and you need to hope that Sheets is OK and can give you a solid year too. I wouldnt worry too much about Iguchi... he'll do just fine at 2B... really good player who should be good again this year.

Overall for a 14 team its looking pretty good this year if you can stay healthy... the only thing you could do if you want to be a little safer is if JD Drew or Chipper gets off to a hot start maybe package them with a medicore player and get someone with less injury problems who's a little better just to get rid of the question marks. And its good you have Granderson on the bench... but thats all. Nice team
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby FantaSeeBball » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:37 am

thanks for your help.

i dont have any experience with keeper leagues so my advice might be limited. iguchi is having problems finiding his stroke this spring but i think he'll pull through for you. klesko.....dont know about him but like you said your WW moves are limited. whats ML? if its still part of your bench, i really really like granderson and he might have to come off the bench sooner than you think. thanks again for your help.

also, in reference to my topic, can hermida get any good sps in a 1for1 trade? if not, any good suggestions on who i can package him with and who they might be able to get?
FantaSeeBball
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team