A-Rod Hurt?!?!? HELP!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A-Rod Hurt?!?!? HELP!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A-Rod Hurt?!?!? HELP!!!

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:36 pm

I was reading under yahoo news that A-Rod is playing through pain.
"Alex Rodriguez, Texas
Playing hurt, A-Rod is still the class of the position, with a significant edge on defense, home runs and on-base percentage over Nomar Garciaparra. "

I have a very good chance of aquiring A-Rod, and I can use this to my advantage, but is there hard evidence that he is playing through pain (like a web site or something). My main question though is, is he playing through pain (and can you prove it in anyway) or was this a mistake??

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby icalderus » Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:42 pm

I think he is still feeling the effects of the bulging disk in his neck that occurred during spring training. I had heard this a couple weeks back. Some people feel its affecting his production. But he is still doing well and I would still trade for him.
icalderus
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nsulham » Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:45 pm

They're probably talking about the herniated disc he had in his neck during spring training. There was a pretty big debate here during that time about whether or not it would adversely affect his stats this year. He's posted good numbers thus far, I'm sure not what people think ARod's capable of however, so the jury's still out. I have him and I've been a bit disappointed but you can't complain too much about what he's done so far.

Bottom line, no new injury to worry about. ;-D
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:45 pm

Im the same guy that posted the topic. Here is the link to the web site that stated A-Rod is playing through pain.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside ... 8/insider/

And thank you for that reply

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby red » Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:30 pm

Dude, the answer is in your article--
He says, Arod is playing hurt but is still his pick for best AL Shortstop. If that's not a vote of confidence for whether or not you should trade for him, i don't know what you might be looking for.
He had a gimpy wrist in the spring along with disc problem. He hasn't been himself. He even took a baseball off the nose next week.
He hasn't missed a start, he plays every day, and he's pounding the ball.
These things don't seem to be any serious issues. He may not get 55 Home Runs. You'll have to deal with 50. Not so bad!
red
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers