Red Sox claim Hee Seop Choi - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Boston Red Sox

Red Sox claim Hee Seop Choi

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Red Sox claim Hee Seop Choi

Postby Trot Nixon » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:12 pm

Its on ESPN News right now, no link yet
Image
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2360
Joined: 10 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wishing Nixon would come back to the Sox

Postby Matthias » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:20 pm

good move by the sox. give him a year to develop along with wily mo; throw lowell under a bus; flip youk back to third; place choi at first; and let loretta play as long as his limbs don't fall off and then get a 2b in his early prime. have an outfield of manny/coco/wmp, papi at dh, and 'tek behind the plate. complement with young, quality pitching... and you have a great team.

sox 2006.... 88-90 wins. wild card. first-round playoff exit.
sox 2007 and beyond... divisional champs. very tough playoff team.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4860
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Surfs up » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:22 pm

Wishful thinking.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4756
(Past Year: 191)
Joined: 14 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matthias » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:24 pm

mark it.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4860
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dyuen87 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:25 pm

Matthias wrote:mark it.


no. i dont want to. :-b you're funny. Choi makes the Red Sox that much better huh?

Anyways. Don't the Red Sox have JT Snow as a backup 1b? Does this mean that Lowell may be pushed out by Youk? :-?
Image
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2514
Joined: 26 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PacmanJr » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:28 pm

Youkilis? I'd take Kevin over Choi any day of the week and twice on Sunday. [two snaps]
Image
PacmanJr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 475
Joined: 10 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ATX

Postby .38 Special » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:31 pm

anyone got a link?
.38 Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 469
Joined: 1 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matthias » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:32 pm

dyuen87 wrote:
Matthias wrote:mark it.


no. i dont want to. :-b you're funny. Choi makes the Red Sox that much better huh?

Anyways. Don't the Red Sox have JT Snow as a backup 1b? Does this mean that Lowell may be pushed out by Youk? :-?


does choi make the sox that much better? no. but he does fill the traditional 1b slugger role and they can give him a year to season and close some of the holes in his swing.

i see this year as a half-step back before taking two steps forward for the sox. lots of these decisions, from pedro to damon to mueller to wily mo all don't make sense for the 2005/2006 seasons. but they do make sense for the 2007/2008 and slightly beyond.

and lowell will get pushed out by youk. probably not this year. too much left on his contract and neither snow or choi are gametime ready. but next year i could see the sox sending lowell and some cash to other pastures and moving youk back.

is is that choi is that good? no. but he does fit into the theme and starting next year, the sox are going to have a team that will be good and good for awhile.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4860
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dc928 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:32 pm

Matthias wrote:good move by the sox. give him a year to develop along with wily mo; throw lowell under a bus; flip youk back to third; place choi at first; and let loretta play as long as his limbs don't fall off and then get a 2b in his early prime. have an outfield of manny/coco/wmp, papi at dh, and 'tek behind the plate. complement with young, quality pitching... and you have a great team.

sox 2006.... 88-90 wins. wild card. first-round playoff exit.
sox 2007 and beyond... divisional champs. very tough playoff team.


Good move? Heeeeepppppp Sheeep Choi is a joke, anyone who still think he can hit 30 HR and drive in 100 Rbi is crazy. I think I'd take Mike Lowell over him anyday. He is not the savior and will never be, I like the Wil Mo trade tho he might be the difference maker.
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1247
Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matthias » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:34 pm

dc928 wrote:
Matthias wrote:good move by the sox. give him a year to develop along with wily mo; throw lowell under a bus; flip youk back to third; place choi at first; and let loretta play as long as his limbs don't fall off and then get a 2b in his early prime. have an outfield of manny/coco/wmp, papi at dh, and 'tek behind the plate. complement with young, quality pitching... and you have a great team.

sox 2006.... 88-90 wins. wild card. first-round playoff exit.
sox 2007 and beyond... divisional champs. very tough playoff team.


Good move? Heeeeepppppp Sheeep Choi is a joke, anyone who still think he can hit 30 HR and drive in 100 Rbi is crazy. I think I'd take Mike Lowell over him anyday. He is not the savior and will never be, I like the Wil Mo trade tho he might be the difference maker.


dude, he's only 27. it's not like he's 33.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4860
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Boston Red Sox

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact