Please rate this team. Felix good enough to be a #1? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate this team. Felix good enough to be a #1?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate this team. Felix good enough to be a #1?

Postby NY1b23 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:10 pm

This is my team in a 5x5 head-to-head league with 12 teams. We will have three bench spots which will be filled with free agents, not by the draft. Note that all nine pitcher spots can be starters or relievers. Yes, I know I only have one closer but I usually pick up closers that emerge in the beginnning of the season and don't bother spending draft picks on them.

Thanks for the advice!

C - V. Martinez
1b - C. Shelton
2b - R. Cano
3b - D. Wright
SS - E. Renteria
IF - H. Blalock
IF - N. Swisher
OF - C. Crawford
OF - H. Matsui
OF - G. Sizemore
OF - Luis Gonzalez
UTIL - C. Granderson

P - Felix Hernandez
P - C.C. Sebathia
P - N. Lowry
P - S. Kazmir
P - M. Mussina
P - J. Weaver
P - Izzy
P - Shields
P - Farnsworth
NY1b23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guaranteed Loser » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:17 pm

Felix has the stuff to be a #1, but I wouldn't classify him as one. He is too unproven and too green.

I do think he will have a solid year, but I wouldn't bank my team on him being my #1 starter.

I like your offense, although I would prefer a more solid option at first base, and a younger OF on a better team than Gonzalez.
Thanks to Idahofan for the sweet graphic!
Guaranteed Loser
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CharlatanSin » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:18 pm

I worry about your pitching staff. I'm in a 14 team league, and Felix is only my #3/4. I also feel like Shelton is weak at 1B. I like your OF. If I were you, I'd try to shore up my pitching a bit.
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NY1b23 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:21 pm

I think my pitching is very good, 1-4. They're not big established names but I think they're all primed to have very good years. I'll be really good in K's, but I might need some help in wins. I really don't bother using high draft picks on pitching. Good pitchers always emerge during the season.
NY1b23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jchockey » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:05 pm

Felix, Lowry, and Kazmir have huge upside. I'm a little worried about that you have no proven stars on your staff.
jchockey
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dyuen87 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:14 pm

NY1b23 wrote:I think my pitching is very good, 1-4. They're not big established names but I think they're all primed to have very good years. I'll be really good in K's, but I might need some help in wins. I really don't bother using high draft picks on pitching. Good pitchers always emerge during the season.

while i agree with you, i dont see the point of having izzy on your team. 12 teams h2h, i dont see you ever winning saves with just one closer. id take the risk and punt saves. Ship off izzy and one of your middle teir starters for an ace.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team