Japanese Fantasy baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Japanese Fantasy baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Japanese Fantasy baseball

Postby The Cow » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:35 pm

Does anybody know of a good Japanese Fantasy Baseball site? Looking back at the WBC only 2 players in the championship game were MLB players. 2!!!!!! I know the Cubans are basically locked up in Cuba. But still a team stocked with two MLB players won, Ichiro and Otsuka. So are MLB players really the best in the world??? Or are they just the most over paid players in the world?? Should the World Series be renamed? I think so. I know team USA was in Spring Training, but what about Venezuela, the Dominican, Puerto Rico and Mexico. Those teams were full of MLB players that had been playing winter ball. Before you say "yeah but the USA didn't send their best players" neither did Japan as Hideki Matsui didn't play. Maybe Matsui, a MLB player, isn't one of Japan's best. Be that as it may pehaps Japan did not need their best to win. I haven't even mentioned the Koreans. The Korean team had few MLB players on it as well. If I were a GM I would sign me some Japanese and Korean players ASAP. And perhaps more importantly I would set up a rubber raft pipeline to Cuba.

Seriously does anybody know of a Japanese fantasy baseball site?? I mean we spend all this time devising a way to win MLB fantasy leagues when maybe the best players are in Japan?

I know it was one tournament, but 2 MLB players??????

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HasteTheDay » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:11 pm

So what exactly are you saying? The World Series should be renamed? Why?

Why do you associate the MLB being so USA dominate? Take Ichiro, and Otsuka, and put them on Japans team. Then compile the best from the "MLB", and not the USA... and have them go at it. You really think Japan would win?

The USA lost clear and simple because they did not feild a roster that was even competitive in my standards. Sure they had some decent names in there, but I was a doubter since day one. Im suprised they made it as far as they did.

Japan sent out their best, and they won. Congrats to them. The whole WBC thing was a joke to begin with if you ask me.But thats just MY opinion. Im not trying to offend anyone who enjoyed watching it.

Clear all Japan's players from the MLB. Let them take their pick, and compile the best team possible.

Then have the MLB compile their best team.

MLB would win without a doubt.
HasteTheDay
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby option245 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:21 pm

The U.S. also switched players out when they more than likely shouldn't have. If a team was trying to win and Derek Lee is tearing the cover off the ball, why would you switch him out for Mark Teixera when he is hitless throughout the tournament?

Also the format of the WBC was too short. The better team out of two teams cannot be determined in one game, hence the "series" in world series and the 162 games in a baseball season.
option245
College Coach
College Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:24 pm

http://www.japanball.com/ is a nice site.

I wouldn't get too excited about any Japanese player since it isn't that easy to acquire their rights.

The US-Japanese Agreement (Agreement) aimed to alleviate some of the problems associated with the "working agreement." The Agreement provides all MLB teams with the opportunity to acquire a Japanese player, and not just the MLB team with a "working agreement," as the MLB team with the highest bid receives exclusive rights to negotiate with the player from Japan. [3] The Agreement helped allay Japanese team fears that the Japanese league would become a mere farm system for MLB. [4] The bidding mechanism would help ensure that Japanese teams would receive competitive compensation for the rights to negotiate with one of its players.

According to the Agreement, if an MLB team wishes to contact and employ a player from a Japanese team, the MLB team "shall first request that the [MLB] Commissioner determine the status and availability of the Japanese player by contacting the Japanese Commission. [5] If the player is available, the MLB Commissioner will post the players availability to all MLB teams. Interested MLB teams then bid, and the highest bid is disclosed to the Japanese Commission. The Japanese team then has the option to accept or refuse the bid. In case of a refusal, the player involved is taken off the posting, and cannot be posted until the next term for transactions. If the bid is accepted the MLB team is awarded the sole, exclusive, and non-assignable right to negotiate with and sign the player within 30 days. [6]

link
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby 5 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:26 pm

The WBC was an exercise to generate interest overseas and create a sense of nationalism...oh yeah and also to make $ and outsource more of America's middle infield.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Cow » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:27 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:http://www.japanball.com/ is a nice site.

I wouldn't get too excited about any Japanese player since it isn't that easy to acquire their rights.

The US-Japanese Agreement (Agreement) aimed to alleviate some of the problems associated with the "working agreement." The Agreement provides all MLB teams with the opportunity to acquire a Japanese player, and not just the MLB team with a "working agreement," as the MLB team with the highest bid receives exclusive rights to negotiate with the player from Japan. [3] The Agreement helped allay Japanese team fears that the Japanese league would become a mere farm system for MLB. [4] The bidding mechanism would help ensure that Japanese teams would receive competitive compensation for the rights to negotiate with one of its players.

According to the Agreement, if an MLB team wishes to contact and employ a player from a Japanese team, the MLB team "shall first request that the [MLB] Commissioner determine the status and availability of the Japanese player by contacting the Japanese Commission. [5] If the player is available, the MLB Commissioner will post the players availability to all MLB teams. Interested MLB teams then bid, and the highest bid is disclosed to the Japanese Commission. The Japanese team then has the option to accept or refuse the bid. In case of a refusal, the player involved is taken off the posting, and cannot be posted until the next term for transactions. If the bid is accepted the MLB team is awarded the sole, exclusive, and non-assignable right to negotiate with and sign the player within 30 days. [6]

link

Thanks for the info. Its also hard to get the Koreans as many are obligated to serve in the military.
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Cow » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:34 pm

HasteTheDay wrote:So what exactly are you saying? The World Series should be renamed? Why?

Why do you associate the MLB being so USA dominate? Take Ichiro, and Otsuka, and put them on Japans team. Then compile the best from the "MLB", and not the USA... and have them go at it. You really think Japan would win?

The USA lost clear and simple because they did not feild a roster that was even competitive in my standards. Sure they had some decent names in there, but I was a doubter since day one. Im suprised they made it as far as they did.

Japan sent out their best, and they won. Congrats to them. The whole WBC thing was a joke to begin with if you ask me.But thats just MY opinion. Im not trying to offend anyone who enjoyed watching it.

Clear all Japan's players from the MLB. Let them take their pick, and compile the best team possible.

Then have the MLB compile their best team.

MLB would win without a doubt.

Sure we can do that, But I also want the Koreans and the Cubans in addition the the Japanese. A team full of the best Korea, Japan and Cuba can offer versus the best of MLB sure I would do that. Japan, Cuba and Korea looked like the best three teams in the WBC. My point about the World Series and being named "World" Champs well I think the Japanese for one look at the World Series now as a joke or a slap in the face. The World Series should be renamed the MLB Championship or something like that. Because telling the Japanese, Koreans or Cubans that the Chicago White Sox last years "world" champs are the best in the World is a slap in the face to those countrys.

The Cow
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J35J » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:37 pm

The USA didn't win because they weren't a "team". Very similar to the USA Olympic basketball team. Cuba and to some extent Japan and the other smaller countries have played together on a more consistent basis.

In other words its similar to the reason why our USA basketball team won't win every year like they used to.

1) our team isn't a "team"
2) it doesn't mean as much to us as it does all the other countries
3) and yes, the world is catching up

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby Ender » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:42 pm

If you want to draw any conclusions about the quality of basball in different leagues the WBC would have to occur mid season so people are in game playing form and it would have to last longer than 10 games. Guys like Teix were just lost at the plate because they didn't have their timing down yet, since the WBC was basically the beginning of spring training for MLB players.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby The Cow » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:46 pm

Ender wrote:If you want to draw any conclusions about the quality of basball in different leagues the WBC would have to occur mid season so people are in game playing form and it would have to last longer than 10 games. Guys like Teix were just lost at the plate because they didn't have their timing down yet, since the WBC was basically the beginning of spring training for MLB players.

The Central American players had been playing Winter ball they have no excuse and many of them are the best MLB has to offer and they lost.
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers