Bernie Williams, Jermaine Dye - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bernie Williams, Jermaine Dye

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bernie Williams, Jermaine Dye

Postby davidtalker2 » Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:09 am

Both of these guys are available in my league. Dye as a FA, Williams on Waivers.
I am happy with my OF now but could put one of these guys on the bench for either Richard Hidalgo or Frank Catalanotto.

Any thoughts?
davidtalker2

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:06 am

Those are too names you don't often see available for free. Picking up either one of them carries a bit of a risk, since they're coming back from health problems, and Williams was in a serious slump before missing time. Still, both these guys are terrific when healthy, which they should theoretically be now. I think you simply have to take the risk of picking up one of them for Catalanotto (my choice would be Williams, in spite of his recent struggles). Whether to drop Hidalgo is a tougher question - I like him for this year, but he's started a bit slowly. This is purely a judgment call, but I'd stick with Hidalgo.

First off, though, drop the Little Cat for Dye. You can then decide who to drop for Williams (possibly Dye himself), thereby making sure you at least have Dye if someone else with a higher waiver priority nabs Williams. Good luck!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan » Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:32 am

I would take Dye right now for Catalonotto, although this is really a tough question, and stick with Hidalgo on the other hand.
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers