Inside Man - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Inside Man

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby logan » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:19 am

looks pretty good and outside of denzel has a great supporting cast in willem dafoe and clive owen (one of my favorite actors for a long time) so i'm lokoing forward to it as well. if spike keeps the social commentary to a minimum then it should be a cool flic.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2810
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: newark,delaware

Postby mrider » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:22 am

Minor League Skilz wrote:
mrider wrote:.. him and Adam Sandler best two actors in Hollywood for sure.


Adam Sandler a best actor. :-? You a big Spanglish fan or something? ;-)


No but like Mr. Deeds, Big Daddy, Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison. All greats I haven't seens Spanglish but it looks garbage Sandler is a really funny guy.
Image
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2562
Joined: 1 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Rogers Centre

Postby CHE » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:33 pm

mrider wrote:
Minor League Skilz wrote:
mrider wrote:.. him and Adam Sandler best two actors in Hollywood for sure.


Adam Sandler a best actor. :-? You a big Spanglish fan or something? ;-)


No but like Mr. Deeds, Big Daddy, Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison. All greats I haven't seens Spanglish but it looks garbage Sandler is a really funny guy.


Adam only knows how to play one role ;-7
ThA KinG : 55 points - tied for first place
CHE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 558
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:46 pm

CHE wrote:
Adam only knows how to play one role ;-7

I would usually agree with you, but he really branched out in Spanglish. I'd like to see him in more roles like that to see if it was just good direction or if he really can pull that off. He was pretty good in Spanglish.

Of course, I was looking at Paz Vega most of the movie, but Sandler was good enough to remember.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7871
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:10 pm

I was never much of a Denzel fan, but loved Man on Fire.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby JTWood » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:25 am

I think this looks great. Has anyone here actually seen it yet?
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby RyanK » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:15 pm

knapplc wrote:
CHE wrote:
Adam only knows how to play one role ;-7

I would usually agree with you, but he really branched out in Spanglish. I'd like to see him in more roles like that to see if it was just good direction or if he really can pull that off. He was pretty good in Spanglish.

Of course, I was looking at Paz Vega most of the movie, but Sandler was good enough to remember.


and 50 first dates he showed a different type of acting.. that movie wasnt bad, but wasnt great, punch drunk love wasnt his normal role either.. so he can diversify himself
Image
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 2839
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CHE » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:43 pm

RyanK wrote:
knapplc wrote:
CHE wrote:
Adam only knows how to play one role ;-7

I would usually agree with you, but he really branched out in Spanglish. I'd like to see him in more roles like that to see if it was just good direction or if he really can pull that off. He was pretty good in Spanglish.

Of course, I was looking at Paz Vega most of the movie, but Sandler was good enough to remember.


and 50 first dates he showed a different type of acting.. that movie wasnt bad, but wasnt great, punch drunk love wasnt his normal role either.. so he can diversify himself


Just because he can play in a coupel differnt roles that did crappy in the box office. he wont be getting paid 20 mill for thsoe types of mives but he will be getten paid big money for some chesy comedy.

Jim Carey tryed to venture off too, lol, it didnt take him long to back in comedy.
ThA KinG : 55 points - tied for first place
CHE
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 558
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GSes » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:48 pm

first of all, I believe Denzel Washington is the best actor in hollywood, he is the Alex Rodriguez of movies, would make a great #1 pick!

Anyways, I saw the movie, GREAT MOVIE by Spike Lee, NEVER once did I lose my attention on the movie, it was that good. Lots of twists and as denzel says "this aint no bank robbery", cuz it really isnt!

u will have to see it, must see.
Image
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2498
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Shadows

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:13 pm

I'm going to catch it tonight. Like I said earlier, it looks great.
Image
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 10462
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto, Canada

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact