Need help with Minor League draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Need help with Minor League draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need help with Minor League draft

Postby Roy Hobbs » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:00 pm

I'm in my first Keeper league this year, we've just finished our auction draft and preparing for our minor league draft. This is all new to me and I've never paid much attention to minor leaguers before. I have the 4th pick and have no idea who to pick. Who are the top minor leaguers I should be focusing on?

You can find my current team at http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=179734

Thanks!
Roy Hobbs
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:14 pm

What are the standards for a player to be considered a minor leaguer in your league????
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Roy Hobbs » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:18 pm

Minor League Player Draft shall follow, whereby each team may acquire players (a) who are not on any team's major league or reserve roster; and (b) who still have official rookie status, as defined by major league baseball
NOTE: The major league rule reads: "A player shall be considered a rookie unless, during a previous season or seasons, he has (a) exceeded 130 at-bats or 50 innings pitched in the major leagues; or (b) accumulated more than 45 days on the active roster of a major league club or clubs during the period of a 27-player limit (excluding time in the military service)."
Roy Hobbs
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rw_26 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:07 pm

rw_26
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:48 pm

Is that Rotoworld thing right? Brandon Wood, Angels SS, had 43 HR's? Thats pretty damn good for a SS, I just found me a prospect.
[b]Member of the SGMKL[/b]
[b]THE FANTASY GURU[/b]
FantasyGURU802
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rw_26 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:01 pm

He lead the minors in HRs and doubles.
rw_26
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Roy Hobbs » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:54 pm

Most of the top players on those lists were already picked up in our Major League draft or in our Nomination Round. In looking through the lists I've narrowed my first pick down to one of the following and wondered what ya'll thought of them.

Alex Gordon
Felix Pie
Jarrod Saltalamacchia
Andy LaRoche
Joel Guzman
Chris Young

You can find my current team at http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=179734
Roy Hobbs
College Coach
College Coach

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:51 pm

Roy Hobbs wrote:Most of the top players on those lists were already picked up in our Major League draft or in our Nomination Round. In looking through the lists I've narrowed my first pick down to one of the following and wondered what ya'll thought of them.

Alex Gordon
Felix Pie
Jarrod Saltalamacchia
Andy LaRoche
Joel Guzman
Chris Young

Gordon is the tops among those listed. He has a chance to be a stud at 3b for many years, and is probably a good bet to be in the majors this year in September if things go well in AA to start the year.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mean One » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:55 pm

I would suggest Alex Gordon here if he makes it to you at the #4 pick. If not, I would take a chance on Chris Young, the Arizona OF'er, because your starting OF is just above average for this year alone.
Mean One
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Minor League & College Baseball