c. zambrano or vs. v. padilla - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

c. zambrano or vs. v. padilla

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

c. zambrano or vs. v. padilla

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:40 pm

i have to drop one of these two guys. which one would you let go? i'm leaning towards zambrano, but they are about the same in my mind. thanks for the input.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:41 pm

Explain why you have to drop one so we can give you a better solution. You can't drop either. Post your roster and predicament.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:06 pm

If you absolutely need to drop one, it would depend on what you need, wins or strikeouts. Zambrano strikes out more guys than Padilla, but he also plays for a team that is almost as bad as the Dodgers in terms of run support, so Padilla is likely to have more wins. I'd also be wary of Zambrano, and all other Cub starters wearing down in the second half with the ridiculous pitch counts Dusty Baker has had them running up.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:19 pm

i have to drop one of them because i have too much pitching. halladay, prior, wood, millwood, webb, meche, padilla, zambrano, isringhausen, borowski, kim and williamson. thats 8 starters and 4 closers. i have no backups offensively. posada, catalanott, biggio, mora (ss), koskie, ramirez, bonds, berkman and hunter. i am growing leary of catalanotto as my every day 1st baseman and biggio as my everyday 2nd baseman. catalanotto usually sits against lefties and im thinking about going after frank thomas. that will leave me with more versatility. thomas can now team with catalanotto at first, catalanotto can be used at 2nd base along with biggio. im thinking about dropping either padilla or zambrano only beause id still have 7 solid starters. by the way, im in second place h to h, by.5 points. im just thin offensively. thanks again

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:27 pm

getting back to the original question...jdh, youre right, padilla might get more wins because he has a better offense along side of him. zambrano gets more k's, but with halladay, wood, prior and millwood, i dont need k's (ive yet to lose in k's). thats why i was leaning towards keeping padilla in the first place.

Return to Baseball Leftovers