Curtis Granderson under the radar - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Curtis Granderson under the radar

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:23 pm

warrick95 wrote:Suure I'll forget.

I'm sure you won't...just like I won't forget that Cory "I Hope He Likes Ottawa" Patterson will be a better fantasy player than Granderson.

Cory update: Matos singled in the tie run and scored the winning run in the Oriole game today. Cory got to come in as a defensive replacement in the 9th inning.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby decoy562 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:10 pm

I traded Renteria to get him :-D

Anyways, here are my projections:

.276 Avg.
17 Hrs
92 Runs
63 RBI's
21 Steals

;-D
decoy562
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:19 pm

this is bad. Bad news for Church AND Patterson on the same day? :-°
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nuggets » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:55 pm

Mar 29 USAToday.com reports the Detroit Tigers optioned OF Nook Logan to Triple-A Toledo.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:12 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:For those who were interested in the Patterson/Granderson side of this, an update. Matos had another multi-hit game yesterday, raising his pre-season average to .393. Patterson was 0-4, dropping his ST average to .242.

At best, Patterson platoons with Matos. I think there's a chance he may lose the starting job in CF before the season starts.

Called that one:

"Luis Matos is expected to be the Orioles' Opening Day center fielder over both Corey Patterson and Nick Markakis.
With the Orioles keeping all of their outfielders, this could get messy. Patterson isn't going to be any good to anyone unless he's playing. Matos probably is the superior player, but he still hardly seem to be in Baltimore's future plans. Maybe they can try to spend the first month building up his trade value, but if they really want to play him, then Markakis should in Triple-A. Apr. 1 - 8:51 pm et"
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby nuggets » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:23 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
nuggets wrote:Hey I'll take you for the Patterson hits under .250 bet.

Jeez GTWMA, you could have a bunch of funny AVs by the end of the year. :-D

If I win you have to include this in your sig, "Corey Patterson is sabermetric gold" :-b

Just FYI, Cory finished ST batting .255 I'll give you a chance to back out now. And given that Cory's now going to lose ABs to both Markakis and Matos, we need a minimum plate appearances. How about 250?

Ok, so if CP doesn't get 250 PA, the bet is off.

Competition for PT could as easily work to light a fire under Patterson as it could bring him down. My gut tells me the recent news will likely improve Patterson's average, so I'm sticking with the bet. (Don't fail me now PECOTA) :-D

lol, you didn't need to make your own thread about it! :-D I was going to respond in the Granderson forum. And remember, I wasn't the one so staunchly supporting Patterson, I was agruing Grandersons speed.

As the post above yours shows, the doors have opened for Granderson and appear to be closing for Patterson and warrick95's bet. (I think you meant the title of the thread to include his name)

warrick95 wrote:Anyway, we'll never agree. Why don't we settle this with a nice Cafe Sig bet...I'll take Corey Patterson to finish higher in final Yahoo ranking (standard 5X5) than Curtis Granderson. Both have to play in at least 140 games, though (protection for injury).

Compare that to my more mellow words, supporting Granderson:
If you take playing time out of the picture it seems that Granderson is more capable in the runs and average department, Patterson in steals, with a tie in Power. Granderson is a reasonable bet to provide more fantasy value, but 30+ steals from Corey could change that.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:03 pm

nuggets wrote:Ok, so if CP doesn't get 250 PA, the bet is off.

Competition for PT could as easily work to light a fire under Patterson as it could bring him down. My gut tells me the recent news will likely improve Patterson's average, so I'm sticking with the bet. (Don't fail me now PECOTA) :-D

lol, you didn't need to make your own thread about it! :-D I was going to respond in the Granderson forum. And remember, I wasn't the one so staunchly supporting Patterson, I was agruing Grandersons speed.

As the post above yours shows, the doors have opened for Granderson and appear to be closing for Patterson and warrick95's bet. (I think you meant the title of the thread to include his name)

warrick95 wrote:Anyway, we'll never agree. Why don't we settle this with a nice Cafe Sig bet...I'll take Corey Patterson to finish higher in final Yahoo ranking (standard 5X5) than Curtis Granderson. Both have to play in at least 140 games, though (protection for injury).

Compare that to my more mellow words, supporting Granderson:
If you take playing time out of the picture it seems that Granderson is more capable in the runs and average department, Patterson in steals, with a tie in Power. Granderson is a reasonable bet to provide more fantasy value, but 30+ steals from Corey could change that.

I wasn't calling you out, just trying to make sure you saw it---was trying to be nice and give you an out that I won't be offering warrick95!! :-D

I had a typo there. Patterson finished ST with a .225 batting average. The guy just has too many holes in his swing--even minor league pitchers figured him out, so there's not much of a prayer he's going to survive for long.

So, yeah, bet's off either way if Patterson doesn't get anough PT....which seems to be the direction things are heading.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby teddyballgamemvp » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:59 pm

Granderson gets his first SB of the season. Gets on base via FC.
teddyballgamemvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:25 pm

teddyballgamemvp wrote:Granderson gets his first SB of the season. Gets on base via FC.

Not a great game other than that. But more good sutff to come.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:25 pm

Yeah the 0-fer isn't appreciated though
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)